iPad iPad 5 prediction

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Charliebird, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

The iPad 5 will be an instant hit and Apple will have a breakout success on their hands. While an overwhelming majority of new iPad owner will be completely happy with their new purchase a whisper starts that something isn't right. It isn't obvious at first to most people what exactly is off. To the exact issue it's a tint. Not a blue, green, or even simple red but a yellow tint. The color of the sun yellow, the color of a perfectly ripe banana, yellow color of pee on the fresh driven snow. While most people won't see this yellow some people will see it, feel it, and live it. Some people complain about it and do nothing more. Some people will exchange their iPad once, twice, three and even four times. Others will return their iPad never to purchase anyone again. And some will completely swear off Apple all together.

This is a cautionary tale to temper your expectations and not to look to deeply for imperfections.

2. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Awesome. They've been waiting decades to finally have a success.

3. JAT macrumors 603

4. csrini1 macrumors regular

No touch id and no gold color option then NO GO for IPAD5.

5. bobright macrumors 601

Teheheee

6. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

no floppy drive, no buy.

7. Charliebird thread starter macrumors 6502a

:) I think the M7 doohickey chip is the key feature I'm looking for.

It makes me think of the time I was at Microcenter and a customer had cornered the Apple Store sale clerk. The customer demanded that Apple should develop the technology so a full size iPad's could be used as a cell phone. I thought to myself not even Apple has the ability to work that magic. :D

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Wow - I really wasted my time opening this ************* thread.

9. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

you're on an internet forum reading about an unreleased product...you're not that busy.:p

10. opinio macrumors 65816

Geez Charlie... what were you thinking :eek:

11. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

You were already wasting your time.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Can't tell if you are joking or serious, but in case you are serious, surely the technology is there to use an iPad as a cell phone. It's just that people think it's silly to use such a big device as a phone.

13. Internaut macrumors 6502a

No built in ouija board app for scary seance with Steve jobs, then I'm buying a Samsung!

(Edit: Too soon?)

14. Charliebird, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013

Charliebird thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was totally joking but I guess it sounded better when I wrote it.

I'm totally stoked for the iPad 5 release! I think a slightly smaller, lighter device will make big usability difference. Having an upgraded processor is a bonus but I never thought my old iPad was slow. The finger-print sensor and M7 co-processor would be nice bonuses but not deal breaker features. Finally it would be nice to see Apple up the minimum storage size to 32 GB but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Finally, dual speakers look nice.

15. Charliebird thread starter macrumors 6502a

16. Fuelflow macrumors member

Man... Charliebird, how on earth did you manage to make such a good call?
    I'm one of those fighting to get a third replacement for my iPad air with yellowish screen.
    See you also posted in the screen defect thread.