iPad Ipad 5 Release

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jostled, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Jostled macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! Just posting to see what your thoughts are about the time frame of the Ipad 5 release. Many sites have rumored a September announcement/release, but now I am hearing October. I know its release is imminent, just fishing for some feedback.

Also, I find it odd that we have heard/seen so many rumors about the "Iphone 5C," Ipad 5, and Ipad Mini 2, but hardly anything on the Iphone 5S. Yet, this is the product that is slated for a September release.

2. td1439 macrumors 6502

td1439

The most common opinion I've seen is that the new iPhones will be introduced at the September event, and the new iPads will debut in October. This is based mostly on the idea that Apple would be reluctant to intro new versions of both the iPhone and the iPad in one event.

However, there's also speculation that the new iPhone lineup will be the 5S, the 5, and the 5C so that Apple offers only iPhones with Lightning connectors. IMO, it's possible that, in order to make Lightning universal across iDevices, they will go against the pattern and intro the new iPads on the 10th as well.

Personally, I'm hoping that the new iPad is available by early October; I need to buy a new iPad this fall for my job as a teacher and I'd prefer to get the 5, but I also can't wait too long to get the new iPad.

We'll know for sure on the 10th.

3. oaktree macrumors regular

I'm hoping for September, but guessing it will be October. I don't think Apple has ever launched multiple devices at the same time before, but I could be wrong. I decided I'm going to buy my VERY FIRST iPAD and I can't wait!!

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

They may even give the full size iPad 5 a good runway to take off by launching the updated iPad Mini in November.

5. Nalmond92 macrumors regular

Definitely October or later.

iPhone beta of ios7 was released a month early to apple could focus on that, the ipad a month later. Apple will release iPhones in September with iPhone optimises ios 7. Then maybe two more betas of an ipad only version of ios between September and October so all versions of ios get the same amount of developer time.

Another possibility is an ipad only ios update for iPads when the new ones are released.

6. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

maybe iOS 7 for iphones and iOS 7.0.1 or 7.1 for iPads?

7. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

Doesn't a new iPad model typically start shipping the day it's announced? The only lag I remember is with the iPad 1.

8. Nalmond92 macrumors regular

I think it's a possibility! It explains why they staggered the betas.

Personally hoping for 2 more betas and then a release on iPad as 7.0 just so it matches iPhone iOS. Either way I think by the time they announce the iPad it will be running a slightly different iOS than what is running on iPhone.
    (Or rather I'm hoping they do) could wait till iOS 8 I guess to optimise it but that would be a mistake IMO

9. robertpetry macrumors 6502

Nope. I think the only time they did that was for the iPad 4. And maybe not even then.

There was a preorder and delay for the iPad 1, 2, 3 and the mini. I would expect an announcement on a Monday or Tuesday and availability on Friday. Could be wrong though.

----------

A month? No. I think it was two weeks. Maybe three. But without looking I think it was only two weeks. No iPad for beta 1 but iPad versions in beta 2 -2 weeks later.

I doubt it. Maybe though. They would have it ready to go by late September though at the latest so I think it will come with the iPhone release on September 18.

----------

IOS 8??? So the iPad will run iOS 6 until September 2014? That WOULD be a mistake.

You may want to rethink that prediction.

10. Nalmond92 macrumors regular

[/COLOR]

IOS 8??? So the iPad will run iOS 6 until September 2014? That WOULD be a mistake

You may want to rethink that prediction.[/QUOTE]

No, they would get 7 but 8 would mainly focuses on ipad optimisation.