iPad Ipad 5 sales predictions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

How well do you think it will sell? Do you think it will sell better than previous generations or about the same as ipad 2?

2. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'm not going to speculate on sales, but I do know if it has the Mini's form factor I'll be getting one!

3. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

So do you think it will be a popular ipad, a bit like the 4 and 4S being popular iPhones compared to 5s?

4. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Possibly. Depends on the tech they bring out. 4S was so popular because a good voice assistant wasn't heard of at the time.

5. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I think it will be popular if it has the design of the mini. I know I'm getting one.

6. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

If it turns out as expected, i.e., hits the sweet spot between iPad regular (performance and display) and iPad mini (portability), then it'll be a real killer of other tablets.

7. tazz3 macrumors regular

Yes it will sel great i know i will be geting one my frist ipad

8. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

So I guess well be seeing long queues for it.

9. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I think the refreshed look (black slate / white silver option plus thinner design and bezel) has been a very understated advantage of the Mini. The update applied to the full sized iPad may be just the kick the 5 needs to be a real winner. Of course an incremental upgrade in specs will help push it over the edge.

Personally, I'm loving my new Samsung Nexus 10. I'm surprised at the quality build and the screen is gorgeous. Of course, it isn't an iPad, and I like having both, so I'll still most likley pick up an iPad 5.

10. djramix123 macrumors newbie

I personally do not believe that Apple will do as good as they did. I mean , if you look at their stock it has dropped close to 50% since Steve Jobs passed away and sales have been a little tough for Apple. Also, considering Microsoft came out with a pretty good product, that tablet with Windows 8 on it, that has a USB connection, and also considering Samsung is gaining market share, I am kind of pessimist about apple's success.

11. Internaut macrumors 6502a

My t'penneth worth

Of course, it depends on what Apple actually deliver. If, as some rumours have suggested, gen 5 delivers the power of gen 4 and comes in significantly lighter (without necessarily being much smaller, length/width wise) then I think Apple will have a winner.

I think a big problem Apple have had with gen 3 and gen 4 is that the iPad 2 is so good, it's still very relevant. Look at the damned thing. It still performs slickly and pretty much flawlessly with the latest OS upgrades. It's as much as a lot of owners need, so I think it will the physical aspects/ergonomics of a new device that have the best chance of getting existing iPad 2, 3 and gen 4 owners to part with cash.