iPad iPad 5th gen OR mini 4th gen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ssledoux, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ssledoux macrumors 68000

ssledoux

Would you keep an iPad 5th gen (32 gb) just over a year old, you know the history, well cared for, etc., OR would you trade it for a 4th gen mini (16 gb LTE) in good - VGUC?

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

16GB is way too small in 2019. If I choose, I would keep ipad 5th gen instead of bothering trading. At least 32 GB has a bit of wiggle room (storage capacity) to play with.

3. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502a

I’d take the 5th Gen. Higher storage, A9 instead of A8, which was quite a jump if I remember rightly. If this is for your grandson on the spectrum, would a MiFi hotspot bridge the gap until a suitable LTE iPad comes along?

4. Scarboose macrumors newbie

Sell the 5th gen iPad and get the 5th gen iPad mini with LTE instead!

5. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

Keep the 5th generation iPad.

6. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 68000

ssledoux

No, it isn’t. I was able to get him a 6th gen LTE. But it would be for a toddler grandson, who would only be watching it on long car rides. The only issue at all with the 5th gen is the overall size.

7. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

If the main purpose is to load up something for your grandson to watch, 32GB definitely has an edge here being able to load more content to watch. LTE is pretty meaningless in this scenario, given child’s tendency to over-blow data plan.