ipad 6.03 + iTunes 11.4 and Mavericks add book epub problems

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pectin232, Oct 27, 2013.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

I am trying to add a epub book into my iPad but unable to. I just updated my macbook Air to Maverick and iPad Firmware still at 6.03 I think and itunes is 11.4. Somehow the Book icon is gone. Now when I try to add a folder [consist of some books all in PDF and epub it is all gray out. What can I do. I spend a few hours messing around still no go.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Don't know what's up with your iTunes -- I don't quite understand what you mean by folders greyed out, because there's no folders in iTunes.

But if you just want to get your ePubs into iBooks on your iPad, you could just email them to yourself, or upload them to Dropbox, then use "open in..." to open them on the iPad.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

ipad 6.03 + iTunes 11.4 and Mavericks add book epub problems

In Mavericks, you need to use the ibooks app, not iTunes, it no longer manages your books.

4. Mshungryhippo69 macrumors newbie

Books to iPad

I just got a new Mac with mavericks and I too spent a while doing this but it turned out to be quite easy.

1)Open iBook on your dock or under applications.
    2)Drag the ePub/PDF files from your Mac or USB drive to iBook - your books will appear on iBook.
    3)Open up iTunes on Mac and attach your iPad.
    4)Click on "iPad" (near top right hand corner of iTunes page) and you will see "books" on the menu. All the books you added to iBook will now be ready to be added to iPad.
    5)Tick "sync" books option and then tick all the books you want to add.
    6)click "apply" or "sync" (can't remember which one appears on screen but it's near bottom right hand corner of iTunes page)

All your books should now be on your iPad. Hope my instructions were clear.

Happy reading!

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Your instructions are very clear, thanks! However, it does seem very counterintuitive that you have to go through two apps to sync your books to your iPad -- I wish Apple had figured out a more intuitive workflow. :(

6. Mshungryhippo69 macrumors newbie

You're welcome! I know what you're saying - not sure why books can't be added just like movies. There may be an easier way but I am no expert :) but if anyone knows....