iPad iPad 6 - speculations

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lamerica80, Oct 30, 2013.

1. lamerica80 macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

So, now that ipad air is old news - what do we think apple will release next november in 12 short months time? Im talking ipad 6.

- Better resolution?
    - Better battery?
    - Even thinner/lighter?

Remember: whatever it is, it will make the ipad air feel like ipad 4 today.

2. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

once you get so thin then you loose the rigidity. And it will become too fragile. maybe they will call the Apple 4k TV an ipad.

3. rovex macrumors 65816

4. Freida macrumors 65816

it won't be 12 months i think. I think we can expect 6 months or so with touchID and maybe 7X chip. Maybe IGZO but I doubt that at this point :)

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Now that we've speculated on the iPad 6, what about the iPad 7?

6. mrjackal macrumors newbie

I think the iPad 7 will have a better camera and a rocketship to Mars. Anything less and it will be a let down.

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

8. markintosh macrumors member

markintosh

Ram

If there's anything less than 2GB RAM....I'm STILL buying one :)

9. yegon macrumors 68020

One 6 month upgrade, for a whole of host of well documented technical and scheduling reasons, in 5 generations of iPad.

If in doubt, ask yourself WHY would Apple release a new iPad in 6 months when the current iPad will be flying off the shelves, even in April next year.

A new sku, a huge iPad Pro at a very high price or some such, is the only vaguely realistic possibility.

10. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

It will have a Touch ID sensor, 8mp camera, and A7X chip. It hopefully will also have 2gb of RAM.

Rick

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

1. Better Camera
    2. Dual Flash
    3. ID sensor
    4. CPU upgrade
    5. GPU upgrade
    6. Champagne color
    7. WiFi ac next time

12. Freida macrumors 65816

I understand that releasing everything for xmas shopping season makes sense but if this year is any indication then we can come here in september next year as there will be nothing from apple until then. Yes, iPad is a good xmas present but release mid year won't change it too much.
    Wouldn't it make more sense for Apple to spread the products a bit better? I liked that before we had March for iPad, july for iphone and september for itouches etc.
    There was always something to look forward in a short time window.
    Now, if everything gets to sep/oct then the next 9 months will be quite dry.

Although on the other hand, iPhone, iPad and iPod's could be just one even as its the same category (kinda)

13. yegon macrumors 68020

Fair point re: spreading out the schedule. It's very much stacked to one part of the year. I don't see that as a reason we'll see another iPad in that time (possible new sku iPad Pro aside) though.

A far more likely possibility in my mind is Apple watch, Apple TV etc seeing a spring introduction. The watch especially fits in better with a spring schedule given it'll likely be fitness/fashion related.

14. lamerica80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

I dunno, the iphone 5 is thinner than the ipad air right? And thats pretty sturdy.

I predict some sort of tactile feedback too - great for typing.

15. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

well, theres bendgate.... but heres an example..

A darning needle is pretty stiff, won't bend that with your fingers, but make that needle 1 foot long and it will be easily bent.

That is an extreme example, but you get my idea.

by tactile feedback, do you mean a simple vib motor? INNOVATION MAXIMUS!!

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iPhone 5/5s = 7.6mm
    iPad Air = 7.5mm

:D

17. Sharkey311 Suspended

32gb entry and Touch ID is all I want. That and an upgraded FaceTime camera

18. keigo macrumors regular

the requirement never end because from iPad 4 onward every iPad will just follow iPhone spec or with some removal.

So unless Apple no longer produce anymore iDevice, else every year there will be something new everyone wish for.

19. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I'd say all of these but 4 and 5 if it's in 6 months. The CPU and GPU are not holding anything back.