iPad iPad 6 with even higher resolution than Retina in 2014?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobright, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

bobright macrumors 601

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...-12-macbook-higher-res-sixth-gen-ipad-in-2014

Is anybody pissed that was planning on getting a 5? Any hold out people now??

2. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

How can one be mad? Releasing a new device once a year (in the technology world) is not exactly too soon. I will enjoy my iPad 5 when I get it, and if the iPad 6 is something that I want, I will sell the 5 to get it. Holding out is nonsense, unless you're only a few months from a new release.

3. Macalway macrumors 68000

4. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Not really unless its the end of next year, if we're talking a few months into the year then its warranted

5. Macalway, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

Macalway macrumors 68000

Right, sure. But maybe it's a 'glass half empty' thing.

Some rejoice at the thought. Others lament.

Personally, they can't advance fast enough for me :)

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

No reason to be mad really. Technology does not stand still. Even that new car you're driving had next years model in the works before the paint dried on your current vehicle. Enjoy what you have I say... jmho :)

7. preyan macrumors 6502

preyan

I agree. With advance notice like this, no one can say they JUST bought the iPad 5 and then saw this article :D

8. daywiz macrumors regular

I find Ming-Chi Kuo's supposed report, quite sketchy for these simple reasons:

- Technically like one of the users "Mystic Frost" pointed out on another thread, the next step in resolution is 3072x2304 with a scaling of 3 from 1024x768 (for app compatibility). That would first of all place it at essentially at 50% of more pixels straight away. 40% indicates a change in resolution or even a slight size change.

- Secondly for a company claiming that Retina display is the more or less the optimum display for the average joe, I really wouldn't think they would really try to kick up the display ( not possible to standardize it at 326 without changing resolution).

-Battery life is always been the concern, even now there is considerable doubt about whether Apple will be able to maintain battery life of 10 hours, with such a thin enclosure and battery. I think they should work on improving the battery life instead of kicking up the resolution.

Kuo has been fairly accurate ( if you ignore the fact that he keeps updating his report every few weeks citing things like pressure from competitors, sudden change of plans, sudden breakthroughs in technology, etc.) He started by claiming last year itself that ipad 5 would launch in Spring, then it became late spring, then summer, then finally moved into autumn, before he said it would launch in last quarter.

I say read his reports with some caution.

9. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.