Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2003
How does the Belkin TPU case compared to the Ebay TPU case?

Is the 1st gen Belkin still the most desirable over the newer edition?

Mine is being shipped shortly but can anybody describe how the installation works with these?

I remember the one they put out for the MBP some time ago dramatically changing the clarity of the text on my display so much so that I quickly removed it. I suspect I'll want to keep the one on my iPad but in the past i've always used their "clear" versions on my iPhone and i've seen a friends anti-glare one on his iphone and IMHO it adds a lot of grain to the display.

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
To the OP do you feel any drag on the anti glare screen when you run your funnier across it? Is it smooth all the way?

I like the idea of anti glare but am afraid of losing clarity when viewing movies etc. Do you notice anything missing once the anti glare was applied?

Thanks for sharing and the pics.

SILKY smooth all the way. In fact it blows away the smoothness of the finger across bare glass.

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Mine is being shipped shortly but can anybody describe how the installation works with these?

I remember the one they put out for the MBP some time ago dramatically changing the clarity of the text on my display so much so that I quickly removed it. I suspect I'll want to keep the one on my iPad but in the past i've always used their "clear" versions on my iPhone and i've seen a friends anti-glare one on his iphone and IMHO it adds a lot of grain to the display.

The EASIEST way to put this on is start from the bottom and line up the HOME button so it makes a perfect circle around it peel the backing down about 1/4 of the way as you go along and keep it slightly flexed and no bubbles will get in. The rest is gravy after aligning that Home button hole!

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
As requested mam.... Sorry for the crumby iPhone pics. As a side note, notice how I can hold the iPad with one hand nearly vertical on my finger tips (Try that with the Apple iPad case) Belkin Grip Vue baby :)

Yeah OP, both selections are great. Waiting for my screen protector to be delivered.

Where did you get that great wallpaper?

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
I think this thread is hillarious. Only because after the apple case, belkin convertible leather case, and invisishield screen protector, I came to this exact solution! I couldn't agree with the OP any more. It is the best iPad experience possible. I carry my iPad around in a Kenneth Cole new York bag. It is just big enough to fit the iPad in. Perfection...

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3983641&cp=3075215.3075278.3075281

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I think this thread is hillarious. Only because after the apple case, belkin convertible leather case, and invisishield screen protector, I came to this exact solution! I couldn't agree with the OP any more. It is the best iPad experience possible. I carry my iPad around in a Kenneth Cole new York bag. It is just big enough to fit the iPad in. Perfection...

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

You and the OP are 90% of the way there. What you need to complete the job is a Griffin Elan Passport Folio. See, it has these four corner straps and it allows you to stick the iPad with its Belkin Grip Vue still attached inside it. This way, you get an executive look at the office and an easy-to-remove solution if the kids want to get their paws on it. All without having to peel the Grip Vue off for even a second.

BJ

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
You and the OP are 90% of the way there. What you need to complete the job is a Griffin Elan Passport Folio. See, it has these four corner straps and it allows you to stick the iPad with its Belkin Grip Vue still attached inside it. This way, you get an executive look at the office and an easy-to-remove solution if the kids want to get their paws on it. All without having to peel the Grip Vue off for even a second.

BJ

Is your sig a parody of something or are you truly that much of a self-absorbed and materialistic braggart??? :confused:

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Is your sig a parody of something or are you truly that much of a self-absorbed and materialistic braggart??? :confused:

Not sure where that is coming from. I found the post useful as I have been considering the same setup. Already got the Belkin, just was not sure if it would fit in the Griffin, now I know.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Looks good; I'm waiting for my Power Support film; should arrive tomorrow.

I also have the Belkin Grip Vue albeit in black.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Not sure where that is coming from. I found the post useful as I have been considering the same setup. Already got the Belkin, just was not sure if it would fit in the Griffin, now I know.

Not talking about that. I'm referring to his sig. I found it slightly nauseating.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Not talking about that. I'm referring to his sig. I found it slightly nauseating.

I just assumed he was being sarcastic and in fact parodying other peoples sigs who like to brag about what they have.

Little bit of both, actually.

Does anyone know if this anti-reflective film prevents overhead neon office lights from making the iPad's screen virtually unreadable? In the conference room I spend the most time in, the glare from directly overhead is brutal and I need some assistance. Heading over to the Apple store at lunch to buy something. Thanks.

BJ

2002cbr600f4i

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2008
Good luck with that. Apple stores don't carry any screen covers.... I ordered the same anti-glare screen cover as the OP. Should get here tomorrow. I can't wait. This screen gets FILTHY with fingerprints and the reflections from the overhead lighting in the office is annoying (just like you said).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Little bit of both, actually.

Does anyone know if this anti-reflective film prevents overhead neon office lights from making the iPad's screen virtually unreadable? In the conference room I spend the most time in, the glare from directly overhead is brutal and I need some assistance. Heading over to the Apple store at lunch to buy something. Thanks.

BJ

Watch the video on their website and you'll see that it does. :rolleyes:

MT0227

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I really like the Belkin Grip View. Good grip, fits nice, not bulky, feels like good protection....however the shine on the back does look a little like the plastic covering on my grandmothers dining room chairs :D

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Is the screen protector scratch resistant? Can I get away with your exact set up and put it in a bag and not worry? Thanks

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009

Sorry, I misunderstood, I usually don't notice's people's sigs as they never hold any useful information for me.

In any regard, just wanted to mention I ordered the wrong brand screen protector, the Steinheil. Will be returning it immediately. Before getting into the install I just try lining it up without peeling the back to see what the fit would look like. Well it comes up short on all edges. It looks like they used an iPad simulator to make the cuts LOL.

Ordering the Power Support Crystal now.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
I did the same setup but I went with the Steinheil

64GB 3G iPad + Steinheil AF Screenie + Belkin Grip Vue (Black)

I don't know of a single person who has said the Powersupport is better than the Steinheil.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
After trying a few cases and screen protectors , I've gone with the same - Belkin grip vue and Power Support screen protector. I'm really liking it, its my best combination so far. Just need to find a good sleeve to match. Any advice on a suitable sleeve?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.