iPad A3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tiitu, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Tiitu macrumors newbie

Hi,

Will there be a bigger iPad soon? I would ablsolutely need and want to get an A3 sized iPad!
    I.e., the current size is about half of what I would like to have.

Cheers,
    Tiitu.

2. sionharris macrumors regular

Almost certainly not. The iPad is designed to be compact and mobile - if you want something bigger you should probably buy yourself a laptop. Why on earth would you want an A3 sized touchscreen anyway? That would be so awkward to use...

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Get a 23" iMAC, rip the stand off, get a massive UPS to stow in a backpack.

4. psonice macrumors 6502a

A multi-touch screen that big would be pretty amazing. You can get a bunch of windows boxes with exactly that, but of course the software isn't there. What we need is iOS on a massive screen.

Problem is, something that big isn't going to be portable. You're not going to hold it in one hand and use it with the other. You'd want to use both hands on it anyway. So it's going to be desk based. But not like the iMac, that doesn't work - you can't use a touchscreen vertically, you'd get gorilla arms fast. It has to be nearly flat, like a keyboard. And with a touch OS you're not going to get a keyboard + mouse.

So what is it? It's just a big desk-based tablet running ios. Thing is, there's probably not much of a market for that.. yet. Give it a year or two and maybe we'll see it :)

5. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Not soon.

But, when the iPad runs a full OS, I can easily see it happening (multiple sizes being offered)

6. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

Something kind of like this?

[​IMG]