iPad Accessories

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aoaaron, Mar 8, 2012.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

This is my first ipad so I'm not sure on accessories. I'm probably getting the iPad 64GB 4G (UK)

I'm thinking of getting a Smart Cover + Bluetooth keyboard + 3GB 3 month sim .

I was going to give the apple care a miss. i would like protection for the ipad's back too... any suggestions.. ? is applecare a good way to go?

Also I'm a student... do we get ANYTHING off? thanks..!

----------

oh and do i get polyurethane or leather... i heard theres a constant clicking with one of them when u carry it around? true?

2. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

Don't you dare stick a poly cover on a 64gb LTE beast of an iPad

3. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

The new AppleCare+ covers two instances of accidental damage, with a $49 deductible each time. In other words, if you have AppleCare+, and you break the iPad, you can get it fixed or replaced for $49, up to two times. I was thinking about it, but I am probably going to go to with SquareTrade instead. I don't know if they offer protection to people in the UK, but you may want to check them out.

There's no student discount on the iPad, unfortunately.

I had a polyurethane cover on my iPad 2, and I never experienced any kind of clicking sound when carry it around. I ordered a new leather cover, so I'm curious about this now. Never heard of this clicking before.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL!!! I thought the exact same thing...

5. Mshilling macrumors regular

sorority girls

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

What's all this talk about clicking?

7. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

what do you suggest I do?

8. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

get any color in leather you like

The aluminum is quite strong on the iPad, the added bulk from a rear cover never justified me using one. it all depends on yourself though.
    When you open the smart cover to use the ipad, the smart cover covers the back to protect it if you put it on a rough table or something. But if you are responsible with your iPad i.e not putting it down on uneven rough surfaces, a nice leather smart cover would be all you need