iPad Account with AT&T - How To Access Wireless Account

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HadItWithWindow, Dec 16, 2010.

1. HadItWithWindow macrumors regular

Apparently I have been unable to find a way to register a wireless account for the iPad with AT&T. It was simple for iPhone but every registration screen I have attempted for the iPad fails.

Perhaps you cannot do so since with 3G it is unlimited plan and there is no need for registration but you'd think they could link the accounts with your iphone and home accounts.

I was told by International Customer Service that I needed to go online to remove the International plan at http://www.att.com/dataconnectglobal.

There is no place to register my iPad phone number. The only options are phone, home and business.

Does AT&T not have a wireless account registration for iPad?

2. solmaker macrumors member

Same thing happened to me today (months after the original post). This problem is preventing me from accessing my iPad account on the "MyAT&T" app. Apparently this is working for some people, but not me. Perhaps this is related to my using the same email address for both my iPad unlimited data plan and for my AT&T cell phone online access.