ipad ad hoc provisioning

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by chhoda, Sep 7, 2010.

1. chhoda macrumors 6502

Hi All,

I am in 10.6.2

I am trying to do ipad ad-hoc provisioning. When I create a development provisioning profile, it builds quite well.

when i create a ad-hoc provisioning, when i double click that provision file, it shows in yellow highlighted "A valid signing identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain"

what could be the problem ? what are the list of things i should look at to resolve this issue ?

thanks in advance

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I think you need to get a dev. certificate for it.

3. chhoda thread starter macrumors 6502

Would you please elaborate ?

Do you mean to say, if I create a developer provisioning say myapp.mobileprovision and build, and if i send myapp.app and myapp.mobileprovision to any user having the particular device id, he can drag both into itunes and install in their device ?

Currently i am doing a distribution profile and type = ad-hoc

regards

4. d.ma macrumors newbie

You need a developer certificate to sign the application As Apple's dev site states:
    So, to deploy from Xcode without a jailbreak, you'll need to get a developer certificate from Apple and place it in your keychain. This certificate will be placed in your application bundle during the build process.

5. chhoda thread starter macrumors 6502

I have already passed through developer provisioning profile and am able to test on device. What I asked about is, when i create a developer provisioning profile and build, it works fine. when i create a adhoc provisioning profile for same device id and application, it gives above error

regards

6. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

Did you create a distribution certificate for your adhoc profile? Did you remember to install it?

7. chhoda thread starter macrumors 6502

yes, installing means double clicking it, correct ?

when I install it, only I get the above message.

Another thing that might have been affecting is, I guess... the CSR for adhoc distribution certificate was created in 10.5.8. And I am using that in a 10.6.3
    my guess is creating a CSR in 10.6.3 and making the provisioning certificates accordingly, will resolve it, is my guess correct ? Only thing is that my team agent wont allow me doing that because his all other profiles associated, will be messed up.

ch

8. chhoda thread starter macrumors 6502

yes this was the problem and it did resolve the building issue, but it did not install the app even though it told transferring apps when syncing with itunes. So is there a way to debug and know what went erong ?

--CH

9. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

Has the device you are trying to add the app to been added to the adhoc provisioning profile?