iPad advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by abz1981, Jul 26, 2012.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hey all
    I have a MBA each day I only use it for browsing the Internet. Watching online steaming. Once a month I may use it to print a document or two out. I have iWork's when it comes to typing documents etc. Print can be done through AirPlay *however that's all I do. I am thinking about an iPad 2 a wifi only version though. And selling my MBA. As pretty much above is my usage. When it comes to saving documents I use drop box where I can upload files from my iPhone and MBA and access them anywhere on iPhone etc. would an iPad be the best option for me?*

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Could you survive on only an iPad? Sounds like it. Should you though? Less clear. Like it or not, Flash is still a thing and you'd be cutting those websites out (example, many automaker sites use Flash). If you do much typing in iWork, you'll want a keyboard. Then, why not just keep the MBA? It already does everything the iPad can do and more. And, it's nicely portable.

3. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

I hear what your saying. However when it comes to typing. I have typed on my iphone and that is just fine. I dont type documents all the time though. Regards to flash, most of the websites i visit, i have also visited them on my iphone and they work fine. So therefore I think I will be okay on the iPad.

4. MrAnthonySutton macrumors newbie

I would keep the air just in case. IPad's are becoming more popular and they are starting to develop a lot of things for tablets, but in the end. Their is still things you can not do on a tablet that you may need to do on a computer.

5. ZacT94 macrumors regular

Exactly. I wouldn't be able to survive without a computer and I have a flash compatible Motorola Xoom Wifi. That's why I bought the rMBP.

6. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

hey all
    After much debating and thinking and taking on board your views. I have decided to keep to my MBA :).

7. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Keep the MBA and buy an iPad - best of both worlds and you won't regret it.