iPad after jailbreak can't recover

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by wuyuefrankwu, Jan 8, 2011.

1. wuyuefrankwu macrumors newbie

my iPad cant recover after jailbreaking it with limerain.
    So the situation is that, i followed what the instructions said, and i think successfully jailbreaked my ipad. but now the ipad is stuck at DFU mode, and when i go to itunes, and click recover, it pops up a window and it says the server is busy. i tried many times, it always have that error. is it just my internet speed? or is there something wrong with my iPad/iTunes? please help and thank you

2. mathen macrumors newbie

I too had that problem

My ipad with 3.2.2 ,was messed up by Limera1n, finally I made my ipad live by pdating to 4.2.1,:) but I have to wait for jb :(

3. wuyuefrankwu thread starter macrumors newbie

wait, wats pdating?

4. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

pdating

what's "wats"?

5. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Sounds to me like you probably have your hosts file pointing somewhere other than Apple? Did you change it to localhost or use tinyumbrella? If so, you need to take out the gs.apple.com line in your hosts file. Then it will probably run through the update OK...

6. wuyuefrankwu thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not really an expert on ipad, so i'm a little bit confused on what you just said there, but I think i forgot to mention something, i had itunes 10 on my ipad first, and i downgraded it to itunes 9.2.2, then after i used limerain, the itunes 9.2.2 wouldnt recognize the ipad, so i used the itunes 10, it recognized it, but the download wouldn't start. if i did change my hosts file somewhere other than Apple, i probably did it accidentally, or with out knowing. If i did, which in this case, it sounds like i did, then where would the hosts files be? or can i just use search, and delete the gs.apple.com file.

Edit: i just used search to try and find gs.apple.com file, but nothing came up. I searched the desktop, my computer, and my documents.

7. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Sounds like you haven't changed the hosts file since you have no idea what or where it is. It is a system file in windows\system32\drivers\etc and for the avoidance of doubt it is called "hosts"
    If gs.apple.com is not listed in it then that is not your problem.

Why not just download the firmware from apple.com (search to find it) and then hold down the shift ket when you press Restore in iTunes and select the ipsw file you downloaded?

Also, you should be using the latest iTunes. Don't downgrade it. There is no need.

8. wuyuefrankwu thread starter macrumors newbie

oh thanks. ill try that

9. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

did you try pdating?

10. mathen macrumors newbie

:);)