iPad/Aiport Express

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jlyanks85, Mar 7, 2011.

1. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I was thinking of buying a airport express for when I go on vacation in the summer. Just to have my own wifi connection in the hotel rooms, so I can check email and stuff before I go to sleep.

I'm just wondering, if anybody has had any experience with the airport express and whether it will work with the ipad or iphone when traveling to places that don't have a wifi connection.

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Yup... It'll work. Set it up, and plug in when away. Jobs a goodun.

3. Hberg macrumors member

I use mine all the time when I travel and wired internet access is the only option. I've even used the Airport Express in a meeting room that only had wired internet access, and the people in the room were able to access the internet via the Airport Express.

Of course, the Airport Express is wide open with no firewall setting, since the iPad and the company Windows Computer do not have the Airport Utility, and I have seen no sign that Apple will be developing an Airport Utility app. (The company computer transmit connect to the company VPN)

4. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I would just have to set it up on my computer first, then I can just plug it in anywhere that has a outlet and would give me a wireless connection?

5. rritterson macrumors 6502

Presuming DHCP is setup at the hotel, yep.

6. nharrisn macrumors newbie

Yes, set it in bridge mode using your computer first then you can use anywhere without any additional set up needed