iPad iPad Air 1/2 Cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by NavySEAL6, Oct 30, 2014.

1. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a new case for my Air 2, and I'm noticing that quite a few manufacturers have old Air cases which they are listing as compatible with both. I'm wondering how well these cases actually fit, as I don't want a case with extra space.

Anyone have experience using their original Air case on the Air 2?

2. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

If it's a slip case, a folio, or a stand that doesn't require a snap-on connection to the iPad Air 2 then an iPad Air 1 case will work for the most part.

But if the case requires a custom-fit then the camera and microphones won't line up and there will be a general looseness to the fit.

BJ

3. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I've got both Airs in Apple smart cases. The one on my original Air is nearly a year old and has been an excellent buy. Still looks good and fits snugly.

The new one bought with my Air 2 not so good. Quality of the leather is very good but the fit is not so good. Feels a little too big for the Air 2 and the cover is a bit loose compared with the old one on the original Air. Disappointed that Apple didn't get a perfect fit this time!

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

If it is a case that has button cutouts, it won't work. The button location and mic locations are different. If it is sleeve or a universal case it will work fine.