iPad Air (1) not turning on

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MadDane, Nov 26, 2016.

1. MadDane macrumors 6502a

Hi,

My parents have an iPad Air (1) that have been left in a car on a sunny day in Italy a few months ago. It has been working more or less fine until recently, where I had to restore it to even get it working. Now the screen won't turn on at all, not even when put in DFU mode. The backlight is on, but that is it. I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with an iPad that have been overheated and stopped working. What did you do to make it work again? And is it something you fixed yourself or get someone else to do? I am pretty good with a screwdriver and I am confident that I can conduct a repair on it. If I know what I need to repair...

I live in Denmark and there are no official Apple stores here, so unfortunately I cannot walk into one and talk to the people there.

2. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

If no one else more experienced than me replies to this in the next week or so, contact Apple online or with a phone call. support.apple.com.

3. MadDane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the reply. It seems like I might do that. I know you can get out of warranty replacements in the US but I am not sure how it works here. I guess I'll find out, unless someone else has some good advice :)