Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you upgrade to the new iPad nex month?

  • Yes

    Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Not sure

    Votes: 5 26.3%

  • Total voters
    19

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
915
132
As an iPad Air 1 user, I'd like to upgrade to a new iPad soon. I prefer the iPad Pro but the new iPad rumored to come out next month seems too good to pass up. What are your thoughts?
 

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
5,287
7,750
Los Angeles, USA
The new 9.7" iPad will be a no-brainer upgrade for anyone who still has the iPad Air 1. The Air 2 is already a massive upgrade for you in terms of performance and overall device capability.
 

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
1,300
948
The rumored 9.7" iPad Pro seems perfect to me. I'll probably wait a while and buy at the end of the year, when it is on sale but I've wanted pen support on an iPad since I bought the Air.

My thinking is as long as the resolution stays the same this new iPad will be a LOT more future proof than the Air 1 (which aged very poorly for me)
 

Restlesslegs

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
65
70
If it really has the features of the Pro in the 9.7" size, I will switch from my Air 1... However I might wait for WWDC to see if/how pencil support is going to improve in iOS 10. But it sounds like a good upgrade!
 

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
5,863
2,454
Los Angeles, CA
As an iPad Air 1 user, I'd like to upgrade to a new iPad soon. I prefer the iPad Pro but the new iPad rumored to come out next month seems too good to pass up. What are your thoughts?

Honestly, it sounds like Apple is in the process of changing up the line-up rather drastically. I love the mini 4 and the Air 2 that I have (with less of an attachment to the latter than the former), but I think I'm going to wait and see how the dust settles before planning my upgrade timeframe. Given that I have an Air 2, I obviously, have way less of an incentive to upgrade this go around; though given that this is my fourth unit (I've literally had to replace the thing 3 times for display issues), I'm not opposed to selling it should I need to get it swapped for a fourth time (for a fifth unit) and exploring whatever the next 9.7" iPad is.
 

Works4Me

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
239
343
Canada
Well, I have an iPad Air 2 that I bought to give my Air 1 to my daughter. So, if I still had an Air 1, I'd be tempted.... As it is, I'm hoping my wife wants my Air 2.... :)
 

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
2,010
1,556
I have an iPad 3, I'll be likely considering the upcoming release if it supports pencil.

I can't quite justify updating an iPad on its own, and I can't quite justify a cintique-like drawing tool. But a combo device for about $5-600 is mighty tempting! :)
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.