iPad Air 1 users... Would you upgrade to rumor d 9.7" iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sflomenb, Feb 29, 2016.

?

Would you upgrade to the new iPad nex month?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Not sure

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

As an iPad Air 1 user, I'd like to upgrade to a new iPad soon. I prefer the iPad Pro but the new iPad rumored to come out next month seems too good to pass up. What are your thoughts?

2. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

The new 9.7" iPad will be a no-brainer upgrade for anyone who still has the iPad Air 1. The Air 2 is already a massive upgrade for you in terms of performance and overall device capability.

3. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

The rumored 9.7" iPad Pro seems perfect to me. I'll probably wait a while and buy at the end of the year, when it is on sale but I've wanted pen support on an iPad since I bought the Air.

My thinking is as long as the resolution stays the same this new iPad will be a LOT more future proof than the Air 1 (which aged very poorly for me)

4. Restlesslegs macrumors member

Restlesslegs

If it really has the features of the Pro in the 9.7" size, I will switch from my Air 1... However I might wait for WWDC to see if/how pencil support is going to improve in iOS 10. But it sounds like a good upgrade!

5. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Honestly, it sounds like Apple is in the process of changing up the line-up rather drastically. I love the mini 4 and the Air 2 that I have (with less of an attachment to the latter than the former), but I think I'm going to wait and see how the dust settles before planning my upgrade timeframe. Given that I have an Air 2, I obviously, have way less of an incentive to upgrade this go around; though given that this is my fourth unit (I've literally had to replace the thing 3 times for display issues), I'm not opposed to selling it should I need to get it swapped for a fourth time (for a fifth unit) and exploring whatever the next 9.7" iPad is.

6. Works4Me macrumors regular

Well, I have an iPad Air 2 that I bought to give my Air 1 to my daughter. So, if I still had an Air 1, I'd be tempted.... As it is, I'm hoping my wife wants my Air 2.... :)

7. stevemiller macrumors 65816

I have an iPad 3, I'll be likely considering the upcoming release if it supports pencil.

I can't quite justify updating an iPad on its own, and I can't quite justify a cintique-like drawing tool. But a combo device for about $5-600 is mighty tempting! :)