iOS [ipad air 16 or 32 GB for] testing?

grandM

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
An ipad air 16 or 32 GB for testing apps? Or do I buy an ipad mini?

xStep

macrumors 68010
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
For a test system, I'd go with a 16GB Wi-Fi model. If my apps require testing with cellular, then of course I'd invest in that option. I wouldn't pay more than I need to.

As far as screen size goes, that would depend on app type and audience. At work the larger model is what gets distributed and we're doing business apps, so I appreciate seeing my creations on the same size panel. If I was writing a game that required detailed touch accuracy, I think I might want the mini. My thinking being that if such a game can be played well on a smaller screen, it should play fine on the larger screen. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has done that. :)

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
In the same vein as your other thread, the answer is: it depends. What kind of apps are you planning on testing? What other things are you going to be using the iPad for? Etc. In a perfect world, it would be nice to have one of each kind of device to test on, but that's rarely doable. If you can give us more details on expected use, we can try to provide a better answer.

grandM

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
The idea is to build business apps
I won't be building games
most apps be driven by external database
sorry that I hadn't answered yet :)

I'd also like to view movies stored on my mac on the ipad when ill or so
Also use skype / facetime / pages / mail etc
can I control the mac through ipad by the way?

REALLY IMPORTANT though: it must support wifi 5GHZ, 2.4 is a war zone here

Last edited: