iPad Air 2 - $100 off

Discussion in 'iPad' started by braundiggity, Aug 30, 2016.

1. braundiggity, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016

braundiggity macrumors newbie

Best Buy's eBay store is taking $100 off the iPad Air 2 (both the 16GB and 64GB models). It's $100 off on their main storefront too. Seems like we're probably getting new ones in the next few months...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201653367469

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Doubtful any new iPads will be here in a few months. At the earliest, the March 2017 Keynote. That would be the one year anniversary for the 9.7 Pro. The 12.9 Pro is not even a year old yet.

3. braundiggity thread starter macrumors newbie

The iPad Air 2 came out in Oct 2014 though, you don't think they might refresh that and leave the Pro's alone for a bit?

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

They had the discount in June too.

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

They run this discount every few weeks. The iPad mini 4 was already seeing $100 off deals from BB in December, not including Black Friday deals, just a couple of months after being announced. It doesn't mean a new iPad is imminent.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I am not entirely sure what will happen to the Air 2. Apple is heavily leaning in favor of the Pro iPad line. The Air 2 is a great iPad, but really the Air 2 is the new 9.7 Pro. Just with added features.

7. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

And a significantly higher price, don't forget that.
    Hopefully Apple will update the Air 2, it's been a couple of years now.

8. Relentless Power, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

True. And the higher price disappointed me. I was ready to purchase on day one when they announced 32 GB for a base price of $600.00. I'm still bitter about the price hike.

My Question would be, if the Air 2 is updated, what features/options can the offer that would separate the iPad from the iPad Pro, without fragmenting to the customer?

What Would be the difference if I wanted to purchase the latest Pro version or the iPad Air 2, and what could they offer me in terms of features that would be a selling point, that would offer a vast difference.

9. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I'm pretty confident that the Air 2 will replace the iPad 2 as the longevity model. Nearly 2 years later it is still a beast of a tablet. It will hang around for a few more years as the low-cost model.

There will be no new iPad designated as the "Air 3". The 9.7 Pro is it. For all of the complaints about the "Pro" moniker it is nothing more than a way to differentiate it from the "Air". The progression went -> The iPad -> iPad Air -> iPad Pro