iPad Air 2 16GB?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Geeyan :), Nov 5, 2014.

1. Geeyan :) macrumors newbie

Geeyan :)

Hello guys! I'm thinking of buying a new tablet. I saw 16, 64 and 128GB. And I'm well aware you will not get the full on 16GB space, there will be a separate space for the system files. I just wanna ask how much space will be intended for my apps/games If i buy the 16GB? Is it gonna be less 2GB space.. or 5GB.. I don't have any idea.

Thank you and God Bless! :)

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Usually, you can figure on having about 12 to 13 GB free on that model. Maybe a little more but it's always better to be conservative with estimates.

IMO, the extra $100 bucks for the 64 GB model is a no brainer these days. Apps are getting bigger and many people that start with a 16GB model end up wishing they had gone with more storage. So, if you can swing it then just get the larger model and you won't have to worry.

Otherwise, the 16GB model is fine but you'll have to manage the storage a lot more and pick and choose what gets deleted and what stays.

3. spajdr macrumors newbie

spajdr

Hello mate, i got 16GB version since yesterday and without any additional application installed i got 12.1 GB free.