iPad iPad Air 2 64 GB - Black ones in short supply?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by konradsa, Oct 31, 2014.

1. konradsa macrumors regular

My local BestBuys seem to all have the white 64 GBs in stock, but blacks ones seem to be in short supply.

Is black more popular, or did Apple mostly manufacture white ones this time around?

2. m3tric macrumors newbie

I don't know but it's sure annoying. Can't find SG of any size at any Best Buys for the trade in deal.

3. yunro macrumors member

It is an annoying problem, all the Apple Stores seem to have plenty of stock, so if it is a manufacturing issue they are hoarding them all for themselves, or Best Buy underestimated demand.

4. danthe93 macrumors member

danthe93

I guess they are in great demand as compared to other models

5. m3tric macrumors newbie

It's odd, because all 5 of the Apple stores near me have every wifi size & color in plentiful supply. But Best Buy seems like they ordered mainly gold and silver, hardly any space gray.

6. Sharkey311 Suspended

Same issue here. Called them and they said virtually no warehouses nationwide has them. Which is absurd.

7. jks2014 macrumors newbie

same,
    my local telecos have extremely limited stock for space grey coloured iPad air 2 with 4G
    while plenty of 16gb for gold color

8. jigzaw macrumors 6502

Hm. This concerns me greatly because I've been thinking about doing the iPad trade-in deal to upgrade from the 4 to the Air 2. However, while I like my white iPhone, I am strictly a black-bezel iPad man. I don't like a white rectangle around my netflix screen... hmm...

9. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

Looks like I got lucky last week then. Did the trade in on my sons iPad 2 16GB at Best Buy, but had to go to the other store across town to get the only one they had in the region. Lucky

10. m3tric macrumors newbie

Looks like the 128gb are back in stock, hopefully soon the 64gb will be

11. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Same with Target.

You can't even preorder the iPad Air 2 64GB models. They have 16 and 128.

12. NJHitmen macrumors member

Apparently I was equally lucky...bestbuy.com showed that one of the stores near me had stock on the 64GB space gray WiFi model last week, so I went over there with my trade. When I arrived they claimed they didn't have any, but after I showed them the info on the website, they double-checked and found that three (!) had just been delivered. So I took one, site showed inventory was gone by the end of the day, and I haven't seen them pop up again anywhere near me since.

Just good timing, I guess.

13. AnthonyS621 macrumors member

I went to best buy today, they are out and the man said they are getting a blind shipment from Apple this week( means they don't know what date just that it is this week)

14. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Same here. Been pestering them all week and no SG 64gbs. They won't even order one for me (can't I guess).

NOTE: my local Best Buy used to have the iPad area up front, but since the Air 2 launch they removed it and now have the iPads with the Macs. Don't know if it's temporary but found it odd.

15. m3tric macrumors newbie

So...if you live in Prattville, AL or Houma, LA, they have 64GB space gray available. The rest of the entire United States...not so much.

16. jigzaw macrumors 6502

Same at mine. iPads used to be right up front with all e other tablets but now it's in the back sort of squeezed into the Mac section. I wonder if this is part of some deal with Samsung because when I walk into my Best Buy I'm pretty much in their Samsung mini-store and seeing mostly Samsung employees rather than Best Buy employees.

17. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

18. jigzaw macrumors 6502

So nutty. I'm in L.A., a pretty techy city and also a very Apple-centric city and you cannot get a space grey ipad in 64 or 128 sizes at Best Buy. They won't even let you order them on the website. They are listed as outright unavailable. Yet the apple stores are full of them... Silver ones are also hard to find. Seems Best Buy is in the gold ipad business. Very odd.

19. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

The 64 gb silver Tmobile version has a wait time of 6 to 8 weeks...Silver seems more hard to find than the space grey....

20. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Same thought I had. Samsung area was directly after the iPad stand, which I'm sure they were working to change.

Can't blame Best Buy. I'm certain their margins are better on Samsung products, not to mention the need for Geek Squad support on them keeping the business flowing.

21. Angler macrumors regular

Just order from Apple. I rather buy from them then Best Buy. Best Buy is a joke.

22. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I think they were ordered in even amounts of all 3 colors at BB but since iPad Air 2 seems (to me) to be more of a hard core :apple: fan upgrade (mostly male geeks) Space Grey/Black is the one most of the current audience wants.

Only a theory before anyone jumps down my throat.

23. m3tric macrumors newbie

Not when you can save close to $300 buying from Best Buy. Finally got my space gray today! Got sucked in and splurged on a 128GB wifi. ~$440 out the door with my iPad 3 trade in