iPad Air 2 and Mail

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yankeegirl, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Yankeegirl macrumors member

Yankeegirl

I use hotmail. I'm experiencing error message saying 'mail cannot be moved to trash'. I've signed out of mail closed all apps did a hard reset. Restarted iPad and still see that message!
    I've begun deleting mail on iPad Mini 1st gen. THEN mail is deleted on iPad Air 2~
    It's a year old.... Don't know what to do
    Any help appreciated!

2. Ghostbuster386 macrumors regular

Ghostbuster386

So you are able to delete mail on the iPad mini but not on the Air 2. When you say you signed out do you mean removed the account and re-added?

3. Yankeegirl thread starter macrumors member

Yankeegirl

Yes. I deleted account on iPad Air2. Then signed in again. Just a note that mail is being trashed but message says unable to move messages to trash. It's in error for sure.

4. Yankeegirl thread starter macrumors member

Yankeegirl

Quick update~ Received my iPad Pro today......... Same thing there so I called Apple Care. They are working on a solution and will get back to me.

5. Ghostbuster386 macrumors regular

Ghostbuster386

What type of mail account is it and do you get the error on web mail?

6. Yankeegirl thread starter macrumors member

Yankeegirl

It's hotmail. Nope. Went through Safari and no error when I delete from web.

7. Yankeegirl thread starter macrumors member

Yankeegirl

3.Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Your Account > Account > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox and set this to trash then tap Advanced > Account > Done.

Happy to report that this suggestion from Apple Care advisor worked!