Ipad Air 2 app problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by firemantom26, Nov 13, 2014.

1. firemantom26 macrumors newbie

I just upgraded from a ipad mini to the ipad air 2. I can not update apps but can download new apps. It's like it does not recognize my apple ID. Anybody have any idea what to do................

Thanks
    Tom

2. cd3267 macrumors newbie

By any chance do you have two separate Apple IDs? eg US and a UK??

3. firemantom26 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, just one apple Id that is used for 3 different iphones and one ipad. I always worked before on the ipad mini, but I started having problems when I updated to IOS 8.

4. firemantom26 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

That is pretty strange. Have you tried logging out of the app store in settings and logging back in? Also rebooting afterwards? Not necessarily solutions, but just standard troubleshooting ideas.

6. firemantom26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have

7. macrem, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Maybe it works if you delete a few apps and reinstall them again, but I guess you'd have to wait for the next update to confirm it worked.

My "when all else fails" solution (which I have used once) is: make sure everything is turned on in iCloud settings and all data had time to backup**, then reset the device (reset all content and settings). Once your iPad restarts, set it up as a new device (not restore from backup), then log in to iCloud and let it get everything back. Try to do this while somewhere that has a fast and reliable internet connection. Someone might suggest a quicker solution but there is always this if you getting tired of waiting.

The only drawback I found with this solution is having to reorganize icons again, but otherwise it ensures everything is set up cleanly. There may also be lost in-app data, like game scores.

**be particularly careful photos are backed up, which can be done faster with a lot of photos using iTunes to sync photos

8. firemantom26 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got tired of messing with it. I think it was a corrupted back up, so I just started over fresh. Works perfect with the App Store.