Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AliMacs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
Just got my iPad air 2! Not only has the performance of the web browser exceeded my expectations I wanted to see if it can play one game all iPads failed to play smoothly: asphalt 8: airborne

And wow, it plays the game so smoothly. There are a few frame hiccups here and there but overall the game rocks and this iPad air 2 is the first iPad to be able to play this game at a smooth frame rate without the frame drop issues like on iPad air 1st generation!

List out the other games this air 2 can play smoothly - the air2 is a beast!!:D

tx2005

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
Just got my iPad air 2! Not only has the performance of the web browser exceeded my expectations I wanted to see if it can play one game all iPads failed to play smoothly: asphalt 8: airborne

And wow, it plays the game so smoothly. There are a few frame hiccups here and there but overall the game rocks and this iPad air 2 is the first iPad to be able to play this game at a smooth frame rate without the frame drop issues like on iPad air 1st generation!

List out the other games this air 2 can play smoothly - the air2 is a beast!!:D

I played some Asphalt 8 tonight too. Works great! I'm about to load up Hearthstone and see what all the buzz is about.

Oh and I'd recommend Mercury Browser. It works better than anything else on iOS IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.