iPad Air 2 backlight bleeding

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by califfo1975, Dec 6, 2014.

1. califfo1975 macrumors regular

HI all,
    would you mind posting a picture of your ipad air 2 screen with a black background in order to check how severe my backlight bleeding (refer to attached picture done at 100% brightness in a dark room) is with respect to other / yours. I could enter the infernal loop of exchanges with apple :apple: but with the risk of having one worse or with other issues ==> I prefer to have your kind feedback beforehand.
    Thanks a lot for your kind support and help

Attached Files:

2. zaxdude macrumors 6502

Here's my iPad Air 2....so hard to capture a black screen -- never looks black. I honestly think this is the best iPad screen I've ever head. I've always had some sort of "cloudy" corners from bleeding or spotlighting. The "lower right" in the picture makes it look like I have some there, but it's really not -- I had to angle the pic a bit to keep away glare.

Attached Files:

3. califfo1975 thread starter macrumors regular

Not fully black but looks quite good though. Thanks and looking rorward to seeing other pictures please.

4. Pluto88888 macrumors regular

Your iPad looks like mine
    No light bleed here at 100% brightness

----------

Get that exchange. Horrible light bleed

5. califfo1975 thread starter macrumors regular

I am seriously thinking of doing it but i wait for further feedback before starting the lottery of exchanges. Thanks for your reply.

6. rdcrds macrumors regular

to help a newbie ipad owner out what is the best way to test this? like what app or screen are you on with max brightness to tell? thanks

7. califfo1975 thread starter macrumors regular

Google backlight bleed test, put brightness at 100% and run the video. Cheers

8. monkeymagic730 macrumors member

Hope your replacement is great I hate the iPad screen lottery.

----------

Just download Dead spotter APP
    Turn your brightness to 100% with a black screen
    Switch off your lights check for light bleed and stuck/dead pixels
    That's the first thing I do on any new device I purchase.

9. califfo1975 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but could you post a picture of your screen under black background please? Thanks