Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

califfo1975

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2010
HI all,
would you mind posting a picture of your ipad air 2 screen with a black background in order to check how severe my backlight bleeding (refer to attached picture done at 100% brightness in a dark room) is with respect to other / yours. I could enter the infernal loop of exchanges with apple :apple: but with the risk of having one worse or with other issues ==> I prefer to have your kind feedback beforehand.
Thanks a lot for your kind support and help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,625

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Here's my iPad Air 2....so hard to capture a black screen -- never looks black. I honestly think this is the best iPad screen I've ever head. I've always had some sort of "cloudy" corners from bleeding or spotlighting. The "lower right" in the picture makes it look like I have some there, but it's really not -- I had to angle the pic a bit to keep away glare.

Attachments

• backlit_black.jpg
    backlit_black.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 668

califfo1975

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Not fully black but looks quite good though. Thanks and looking rorward to seeing other pictures please.

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
Here's my iPad Air 2....so hard to capture a black screen -- never looks black. I honestly think this is the best iPad screen I've ever head. I've always had some sort of "cloudy" corners from bleeding or spotlighting. The "lower right" in the picture makes it look like I have some there, but it's really not -- I had to angle the pic a bit to keep away glare.

Your iPad looks like mine
No light bleed here at 100% brightness

----------

HI all,
would you mind posting a picture of your ipad air 2 screen with a black background in order to check how severe my backlight bleeding (refer to attached picture done at 100% brightness in a dark room) is with respect to other / yours. I could enter the infernal loop of exchanges with apple :apple: but with the risk of having one worse or with other issues ==> I prefer to have your kind feedback beforehand.
Thanks a lot for your kind support and help

Get that exchange. Horrible light bleed

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
to help a newbie ipad owner out what is the best way to test this? like what app or screen are you on with max brightness to tell? thanks

califfo1975

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Google backlight bleed test, put brightness at 100% and run the video. Cheers

monkeymagic730

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
I am seriously thinking of doing it but i wait for further feedback before starting the lottery of exchanges. Thanks for your reply.

Hope your replacement is great I hate the iPad screen lottery.

----------

to help a newbie ipad owner out what is the best way to test this? like what app or screen are you on with max brightness to tell? thanks

Just download Dead spotter APP
Turn your brightness to 100% with a black screen
Switch off your lights check for light bleed and stuck/dead pixels
That's the first thing I do on any new device I purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.