iPad Air 2 battery discharging whilst PLUGGED INTO WALL SOCKET!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Heterosapien, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Heterosapien macrumors newbie

Please read this carefully as I'm autistic and get extremely stressed when I'm as frustrated as I am now.

Air 2 128GB wifi/cell. Device is around 2.5 months old, and is under extended AC.

Around three weeks ago, I noticed that the device had begun DISCHARGING immediately after the meter hit 100% (in other words, as the subject states, the battery meter is dropping whilst it's plugged in. The meter itself is green).

I have done two round trips of 200+ miles each to the Birmingham Apple Store (my nearest store) once to drop it in for testing, and then back to collect it. Apparently, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with it, they wouldn't even swap it as a goodwill gesture! What fecking use is AC…?!

I've bought 6 new Apple bricks + cables, none of them has made any difference. It was 100% when I began typing this, it's now down to 85. To be clear it's plugged into a brick which is plugged directly into a wall socket as I type this.

Has ANYONE come across this…? Please only reply if you've an Air 2, I don't mean to be rude, but I KNOW it has been an issue with older models, that doesn't help me.

I took delivery of it (I bought it direct from the online Apple Store) about a fortnight before Xmas. Prior to its pointless trip to Brum, it's not been out the house.

Those trips to Brum have caused a fibro flare and I'm now confined to bed. I don't have a phone, so my iPad is my sole means of communication. I don't have a phone because I find them beyond stressful.

I have NOT updated to 8.1.3, but will do so if the expert opinion is that it'd fix it.

Whilst this is a cell model, I've not activated the cell because I've not had need to use it yet. I can't get a contract, so I thought that the EE PAYG would work out perfectly. I HAD thought I'd turned the cell off, but it's not made any difference, I'm STILL receiving that irritating "you have not yet signed up to a data plan" popup.

It's now at 79%. I have posted this EVERYWHERE else I can think of, and not a single, solitary reply have I received - not even at Apple's own fora!

Any help for a disabled bod here…? This is a £700 device I saved long and hard for, I bought it because I couldn't afford a laptop (saving for a MBP now). I have no other computer.

Please, is there ANYTHING I can do…?!

Thank you

SJ

2. Matheew944 macrumors regular

take to an Apple Store , may they will find a solution... restart ur Ipad. try to discharge the entire battery.... also, turn off background app refresh , this is kill the battery.,

3. matraco macrumors regular

Have you restored it? I guess it discharges even faster when it is not plugged in, right? Even with 100% brigthness it should not discharge when plugged.
    How the apple store found nothing wrong with it is beyond me.