iPad iPad Air 2 - Black Friday Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ron7624, Nov 12, 2015.

1. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I am going to buy my wife an iPad Air 2, and have been holding out for a silver refurbished 64gb cellular model in the Apple referb store. None available right now, but I can wait.
    But with Black Friday coming up, I could get a new one for the same money.
    Please from your memory of last year, will I be able to buy a new one on line for the discounted rate when Apple makes them available for Black Friday deals?
    I'm not going to wait in a line and hope, but I just don't remember if the Black Friday deals extended to on line shopping or not.
    Anyone with a good memory in the house?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I don't recall, but have the same strategy in mind for my daughters Christmas Present. It will be online though, not in a shop. Fingers crossed.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

5. gribas macrumors newbie

I'm thinking to buy one as well. I'm based in Ireland so we will see which deals we have on black Friday

6. ron7624, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

The problem with all of the Black Friday deals that are out that I have seen so far - for the iPad Air 2 - is that they are wifi only. I need to buy the cellular version and those are not listed anywhere.

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Wifi only is fine by me. The iPads rarely leave the house. Just need to make sure they have offers on the largest capacity one and I'll be a happy bunny.

8. fairfax38 macrumors newbie

Buy online from Staples using one of the 25% off coupons. If you want to save more buy instore with the 25% coupon and use Apple pay and save 10% more. Also Staples rewards gets another 5%. You can do this right now if you like and not wait around until Black Friday. Also Sam's club deal with be live 12:00am CST Saturday

9. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I will check this out, many thanks!

10. smalex1986@ macrumors newbie

Where is this coupon?

11. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I tried, the fine print states that the coupon does NOT apply to computers, tablets, etc.
    Just go to the staples site - it was featured on the front page. However, that particular deal only lasted through this past Sunday and is over. There may be another up by now though... just go to the Staples site daily till one pops up - but be sure to read the fine print!

12. newellj macrumors 601

At least in the US, they don't/won't.

13. ron7624, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015

ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I was in an Apple Store a few days ago looking at the Pro and asked an employee if there would be any Black Friday deals. He would not answer, but a customer chimed in the conversation saying they would, just like they did last year. Here's to hoping he's right. I want to buy a silver iPad Air 2 for my wife and she won't let me buy her a new one, but will let me buy a referb, problem there are no 64gb cellular available in silver, yet. Lots of gold available and space grey too but no silver for the 3 weeks I've been watching. So 100 off on Black Friday will be close enough to the referb price anyway.

14. newellj macrumors 601

Well, I may be having a massive brain fart. My recollection is that Apple itself offers very little, though resellers often have great deals. Am I remembering incorrectly? (It's possible.)

15. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Nothing at Apple. Nada. No Black Friday deals at all on Black Friday (today). So I bought from Best Buy just now. I don't like receiving cards as a part of the deal, I like not paying money. I realize target had a 150 gift card, but then I woulld have had to use it. I don't shop at Tartet, so to me that was more of a PIA than a savings.
    100usd off is ok with Best Buy. Thank you Best Buy lol.
    I wanted to buy a silver referb unit but in the past month of watching, there were no 64gb cellular units offered. Lots of Gold though. I needed a white bezel for my wife and so it was silver or gold. my wife hated the gold color. go figure.

16. cardfan macrumors 65816

Even 150 off isn't much of a deal on a product over a year old. Best buy would seem the best bet though with reward points and apple pay discover discount.

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I've seen no apple deals at all anywhere in Uk apart from currys.

18. tpcollins macrumors member

I was at Best Buy this morning after I saw online yesterday the iPad Air 2 silver was on sale for $100 of. Out the the door for $529.99 with 0% for 18 months. Merry Christmas.

19. SusanK macrumors 68000

I ordered mine online from BB yesterday to get the $100 discount on iPad Air 2.

20. FNDchairman macrumors newbie

I purchased the same model as the OP, but got it at Target. I would have preferred a straight $150 off the price, but I shop at Target once a week so it wasn't a big deal for me.

21. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Tesco had the same deal this morning, so I ordered a 128gb Space gray for the little one.
    I get the club card points that way.

22. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Amazon Store has some certified Apple refurbs, sold by 3rd party sellers, but Apple has to approve those sellers in order for them to be able to sell refurbs. I purchased one earlier in the year and just ordered one on Thanksgiving. 64GB in Gold, Space Grey and Silver for $459.00