Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
People say it's the same as the 5S, but it's much worse in low light. No flash, smaller pixels and narrower aperture just makes it not nice. It's fine with lots of light present though. And Slo-Mo, holy hell is it grainy, even in a normal lighting scenario.

Reactions: eclipse01

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Based on its optics and low-light performance, I would say that it is comparable to the camera from the iPhone 5 (although the iPhone 5 has bigger 1.4um pixels instead of 1.1um in the iPad Air 2, the A8 has a much better ISP than the A6).

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Based on its optics and low-light performance, I would say that it is comparable to the camera from the iPhone 5 (although the iPhone 5 has bigger 1.4um pixels instead of 1.1um in the iPad Air 2, the A8 has a much better ISP than the A6).
So would you say that the new iPod touch (6th get) camera is on par with the air 2 camera ?

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
So would you say that the new iPod touch (6th get) camera is on par with the air 2 camera ?
I would go even further and say it's the exact same camera, expect the one on the iPod touch protrudes for some unknown an unnecessary reason, since both devices are the same thickness.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I find it to be ok. When I need to use my iPad as a camera (when a situation arises and I'm coincidentally holding it) its adequate. Its capable of 120fps slo-mo (ip6 can do 240fps) so its the same as the 5S in that regard. The lack of flash kills its usefulness in a lot of situation since you are generally using an iPad indoors. Plus its so large it cast a shadow a lot of the time on what you are taking a picture of.

Low light is poor compared to all iPhones IMO.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
What kind of crap reply is that?

Sorry to be off topic, but I've got to say this...

I've seen this guy's posts in various areas of the forums, and they're all like that. What a PITA. Personally I'm just going to add one more to my ignore list.

Regarding the camera... I don't have an iPhone 5, but the camera beats the socks off of every other iPad I've owned.

Reactions: eclipse01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.