iPad iPad Air 2 case suggestion please?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by machthree, Dec 26, 2014.

1. machthree macrumors newbie

Hi all - can anyone suggest a good case for the iPad Air 2? Until now I've had an original iPad and with it the MarWare Hybrid CEO case, which I really like, but it seems like MarWare is not making a version of this case for the iPad Air 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-C-E-O...d=1419619890&sr=1-9&keywords=marware+ceo+ipad

What I like about it especially is that the iPad fits into brackets on one of the case's panels, but the sides of the iPad are left mostly exposed. All I'm seeing so far in similarly styled cases for the iPad Air 2 is a system where the iPad mounts in a shell, covering the back of the unit and the sides and just leaving a few holes exposed for buttons / ports. Beyond that I just want something that can a) cover the screen when I'm not using it (and hopefully has magnets to put the unit to sleep when its covered and b) prop the unit up at a couple of different angles in landscape orientation.

Something like the Logitech AnyAngle looks like it would be good, except that it mounts the iPad in a shell which I really dislike.

2. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

Hi,

I'm curious as to why you really want a case with exposed sides? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with exposed sides, but what's wrong with the 'norm' of just having holes for ports?

At best you can get one of they few rare cases that support the Apple Smart Cover and hence have one exposed side. Other than that, I can't think of any that would not fully mount the iPad into a shell.

The AnyAngle isa nice idea but very heavy and bulky. Perhaps if you got a Smart Cover and then carried your iPad in a protective sleeve when not using it? So you would have an iPad with a stand (the cover), but all other sides exposed.

3. machthree thread starter macrumors newbie

Basically three reasons:

a) I don't like dealing with often too-small cutouts to try and get to the side mounted buttons / switches (or worse when the case covers the button with 'pass through' buttons that often require a lot of pressure to press or don't work well)

b) really just a personal preference for the look of it - the iPad is beautiful and its nice to sort of see something of its sides and back it instead of just wrapping it in something

c) I use the iPad quite a bit while exercising on a reclining exercise bike - difficult to explain but the bike has a very small and narrow console where I can stand up the iPad and use it while I'm biking, and any case that wraps the iPad in a shell is likely not to fit there, or if it does, would probably be too slippery for the iPad to remain in place against the bike's somewhat slippery console surface.

Basically I narrowed it down to two cases - the Carbon Fibre version of the Moko Slim Fit case which really looked like the Marware case I had for my original iPad, seemed almost perfect but decided I wanted to try something a little different, so ended up ordering the Belkin Slim Style case from Amazon. That one is supposed to arrive tomorrow and so I will try and report back with my findings about it once I've had it for a few days.