iPad iPad Air 2 Charging Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shacky, Nov 23, 2014.

1. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

On every previous iPad I have owned, the iPad will charge while it's plugged into the charger and while I am using it. The exception being if you were using a small charger like a iPhone charger in which case you would get the Not Charging message.

On my new iPad Air 2, even using the 10 watt charger that came with it, it says Not Charging while I am using it.

Is this the way it's suppose to be?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Something might be wrong there. I'd used my iPad loads of times while plugged in, and haven't ever gotten a Not Charging message.

Just this morning it was totally dead and I plugged it in and it booted at 1%. Watched the entire Lord of the Rings movie, and it was at about 50% when I was done.

3. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

You might consider upgrading to the 12W charger than comes with the iPad Air.

4. shacky thread starter macrumors regular

shacky

Ahhh- so I may accidentally be using an old charger instead of the one it came with? Thanks! I'll check it out in the AM.

5. MisterPunchy macrumors regular

You could also have a faulty charging cable. I had that happen once... Wouldn't charge, but swapping cables fixed it.

6. shacky thread starter macrumors regular

shacky

In case anyone else has this issue...I swapped out a couple lightning cables and found that with one of them, it works fine. So, I guess that was it. BTW, I do have some that are OEM and some 3rd party cables, not sure which are which.