iPad iPad Air 2 Clear Case to go with Smartcover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dasanii, Oct 24, 2014.

1. dasanii macrumors member

Just recently bought a gold iPad Air 2 and got a red smartcover to go with it. Apple doesn't currently carry any clear cases that can pair with the smartcover. Any recommendations?

2. RByers8252 macrumors regular

There's one by Luvvit on Amazon for $15 but I'm going to wait a few weeks for some more to hit the market.

3. ntnwwnet macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

4. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I just ordered the Luvitt Dolce. It is a frosted case, not clear. Doesn't matter to me, but I noticed some purchasers were disappointed.

5. addictzz macrumors 6502

Does frosted still able to showcase the backside of our iPad? Or will it just show white frosted color?

6. karin037 macrumors newbie

This is the Luvvitt Dolce on my iPad Air 2.

Attached Files:

7. cindaddy macrumors member

How much does it affect the feel in relation to the thinness? That's a soft cover, right?

8. Alaska99801, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014

Alaska99801 macrumors newbie

Thin case

I enjoy my iphone and ipads the closest to being naked as i can but with some protection.
    I found the thinnest cases for both by trial and error. There is a very, very, thin iphone case on amazon called The Veil. It is the one to have if you want to keep the thin feel of the ipad and iphone.
    I believe the company that makes them is called Caudabe.

I will say that if you are planning in using your ipad or iphone in a very rough environment, these cases are too thin for that. These cases are for the ipad to look just as good as without one, but still provide protection from scratches, etc. Not really like those heavy duty, military grade cases around.

PS: i uploaded a photo of my iphone 6 plus with the case. Can you even see it? LOL.

Attached Files:

9. karin037 macrumors newbie

The Dolce is very thin and hardly adds any weight at all. The iPad feels very thin with this cover. It is a soft TPU cover.

10. cindaddy macrumors member

Thanks!

11. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Looks great, but one thing I don't like about TPU cases is that they don't sit flush with the bezel. This causes dust to gather at the edges of the case and makes it difficult to wipe the dust off completely. Is that the case with the Dolce, as well?

Thanks.

12. cindaddy macrumors member

I like the idea of The Veil, but their website doesn't list a version for Air, so i doubt Air 2 would get one. I would probably buy it, if they did.

13. Alaska99801 macrumors newbie

Cindaddy...
    I just looked it up. The one flr the ilad air is called The Shell. Same concept as the veil.
    I will oder it too.

14. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

stringbeanie

The worst thing about a clear tpu cases is that it turns yellow fairly quickly.

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's a generalisation and not entirely correct. Certainly the ones I have owned in the past haven't turned yellow.

16. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Yeah besides doesn't that have to do with moisture?

17. cindaddy macrumors member

I contacted them when I discovered they were local to me. They said they have Air 2 cases releasing shortly. They didn't specify the models.

18. jagfan macrumors newbie

19. xStatiCa, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

xStatiCa macrumors regular

The thing that makes me want to wait on cases is that the pics tend to not be accurate. Take a look at the smart cover on that ipad. They don't make an ipad smart cover for even the air 1 that has a metal hinge like that. I am very interested in seeing how well it fits (especially with the smart cover on). I am hoping the smart cover sits flat and that the back cover fits well.

EDIT: It also doesn't show the cutout for the mic on the side where the volume up/down is at. Just above the up/down buttons.

20. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Good to know - judging from their Air 1 reviews, the Caudabe Shell was pretty highly rated. I'm waiting for that, having not seen anything else yet that really interests me.

21. cindaddy macrumors member

I think that I may wait as well.

22. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

23. cindaddy macrumors member

24. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Despite it shipping yesterday, it's showing a USPS arrival of November 4 so I'll get photos up here as soon as I can the minute it hits.

BJ