iPad air 2 Completely dead/bricked

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xRYD3Rx, Nov 5, 2015.

1. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Purchased the iPad air 2 on launch day back in October 2014. Never had any issues with the devices was a very solid tablet worked great no complaints.
    Last night 11/4 decided to upgrade to iOS 9 FROM the latest iOS 8 version. Upon trying to update via iTunes I immediately received an error code 53. The iPad was stuck on recovery mode only option was to restore (bummer because I did not backup) but not a problem went ahead and restored and couldn't get the iPad to restore because I was still getting the same error code 53 tried this same process on 3 different MacBooks.
    Final result was error code 53. Did numerous research online and mostly people wrote that if any parts were changed the screen/touch ID button this issue will occur but NOTE my iPad has never been repaired or has been damaged/water damage etc.

Note: Warranty expired October 24, 2015.
    Called up Apple Support they were clueless first rep had no clue what an error 53 was.
    As they put me on hold for maybe 10-15minutes they told me that only thing we can do is replace the tablet for you as its an hardware issue. Although, the hardware was working fine since purchase, I updated from previous iOS 8 versions never had any issues. So I'm assuming iOS 9 bricked my iPAD OR this a mystery for me.

Any feedbacks or if anyone experienced this as well feedbacks would be appreciated and also this thread is great for anyone else that may encounter this situation. Sorry for any grammatical errors.

2. LiemTa macrumors 6502

So is it actually bricked or is this the usage of bricked where you don't know how to get it working again

3. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

Great question. I'm not 100% sure what went wrong but as of right now this iPad is bricked it will not go past the recovery screen mode where it shows iTunes logo with the usb cable. 0 success in updating. 0 success in doing a full fresh restore. Nothing is working, constantly receiving error 53. My iTunes is up to date newest version everything on the MacBook Pro is updated to newest version.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Considering it occurred after upgrading to iOS 9 from iOS 8, even if it's out of warranty I believe Apple will still help. Try going into an Apple Store if you have one near by. You are more likely to get help in store than over the phone.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The most common issue around error 53 is actually the the USB cable. Second is Touch ID issues

6. soacyeuopar macrumors newbie

You are more likely to get help in store than over the phone.[​IMG]

7. Daku93 macrumors regular

8. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

First thing Ive done after I was getting the error but still no luck.
    I am taking into apple store tomorrow morning.

9. rsnhakan macrumors member

Did you ever replace the home button/touch id sensor?

10. 960design macrumors 68020

As already mentioned be sure to use an Apple or MFI cable.

11. newellj macrumors 601

Good luck - let us know what happens.

12. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

Nothing had been replaced it was in a smart leather case + zagg glass first thing I took it out of the box.
    No damages of any sort it was in a brand new condition only used it once a week also no heavy usage.