iPad Air 2 do i need apple care?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by al404, Jun 16, 2016.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

I'm going to use my iPad only inside home, and i'm not evaluating apple care + but the standard one
    not sure if iPad can fail after a couple of years or if is something that is very rare?

none of my tablets failed after several years

2. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

I've found it very rare for iPads to break on their own, so I've stopped purchasing it myself after the first couple.

3. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

There is only one product. Applecare +. I have it on all my devices. Clumsy family lol

4. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Get it, a cracked screen is not cheap. I hadn't broken a screen on any Apple device since the original iPhone and it finally happened back in April. A month after the original warranty expired...Thankfully I had Apple Care.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Much depends on the owner as some are clumsy and drop their devices often. For them I would suggest AC+

6. 617aircav Suspended

If you are using a case with the iPad it's very unlikely you would crack the screen.

7. bensisko macrumors 65816

I HIGHLY recommend it! I see lots of people walking around with broken screens because they didn't buy Apple Care and don't want to spend the money with a 3rd party repair.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I've never bought Apple Care for anything -- don't really see the value in it esp. if you use a credit card with an extended warranty feature (used that a few times on my MBPs). When you consistently buy it its just money in the trash can just like any other extended warranty or replacement plan. For self-inflicted things I just "self insure". It's less expensive long term. I can be clumsy but since 2007 and dozens of iDevices, I've only cracked one iPhone screen when I tripped over uneven sidewalk during a run.

Specifically for the iPad, I've owned many 9.7" and a few Mini 2s. I've never had any issues with any of them outside the warranty period. I've had them fall off beds, night stands w/o incident. Buy a decent case and you'll be fine.