All iPads Ipad air 2 for photography

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BiteDisAppleD, Oct 16, 2014.

1. BiteDisAppleD macrumors newbie

hey, i was wondering if a ipad can handle photography work because im on a budget, and i need something to work with. Im considering a mac mini instead but i dont have a monitor keyboard or mouse so im not sure. I need your advice.

----------

Anyone?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The only serious apps are Lightroom Mobile (you have to have the Adobe CC membership), Photogene, Photoshop Touch, and the upcoming Pixelmator.

A lot of people don't think the screen is accurate for editing either.

So think about that for a bit and do some research.

3. BiteDisAppleD thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I don't think anyone would use an ipad as the only photo editing device unless you're just uploading to facebook.

5. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

There are a lot of very capable apps but nothing that can match desktop apps at the moment. Photo editing on the iPad is a slower process than on the desktop. If you need or want to edit on the iPad, the apps mentioned already as well as the likes of Leonardo or Laminar are worth checking out.

6. Robotti macrumors regular

Robotti

Right now it's a companion to a desktop/laptop. I use Shuttersnitch, it's a very handy little app to show customers in a middle of a shoot what you have. Much better than camera's screen anyway.
    Then I sometimes use Lightroom Mobile. The problem for me has been that it takes a lot of time to prepare and sync the photos over the cloud to iPad. Usually when I would need Lightroom Mobile the most is when I'm in a hurry (probably traveling), and that's also when I don't have time to wait it to take hours to sync the photoshoot.
    I am having high hopes for the iPad Pro. Not only because of the screen size, but also for how Adobe will hopefully see it as a pro tool and release something that is truly pro-grade.