iPad iPad Air 2 gets warm while web browsing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Radon87000, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Radon87000 macrumors 601

My iPad Air 2 gets warm in the lower right corner while web browsing?Is this normal?Or is my unit defective?Thanks in advance for helping

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I tried two different Air 2's and both intermittently would get warm in certain spots. If you are just web browsing you might want to try disabling Javascript and see if that helps. Besides that, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

My air 2 gets quite warm sometimes. Then again most tablets do.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Warm is fine and it is not broken. The CPU and LCD backlights all give off heat.

5. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Try playing Infinity Blade 3 on an iPad 3. It's gets sizzling hot.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

If Infinity Blade 3 killed iPad then Apple will remove IB3 from App Store. :apple:

7. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Thank your lucky stars it doesn't run Flash. You'd be able to fry an egg on it.

8. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

No one say anything about killing an iPad but it would be cool if it did. ;)

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Maybe Apple doesn't want you to know or Apple paid million dollars to someone to keep his/her mouth shut? Who knows? :apple:

10. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

The LCD generates heat, the CPU and GPU working generates heat, electricity flowing thought the logic board creates heat. Warm is fine.

I have an iPad 3 (which doesn't get warm, it gets HOT) and has worked fine (and still does) for 2.6 years so some mild temperature will not hurt your iPad Air 2.

11. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

i noticed that too awhile ago. didnt see that happening earlier, something to do with the latest update? my air2 got quite warm/hot just while browsing. even when playing and charging i havent realized the same level of warmness... well anyway, it is just an ipad...