iPad iPad Air 2 Hard Sleeve

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by matthew2926, Nov 28, 2014.

1. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

Hello all, I recently purchased an iPad Air 2 with the Apple Smart Case. I love everything about it but I'm worried about putting it in side of my backpack along with my textbooks because I'm worried that it will get crushed. Can anyone recommend me a hard or semi-hard sleeve that my iPad will fit inside while still in the Apple Smart Case? It could even be a laptop case or something else that isn't necessarily designed for the iPad. Thanks in advance!

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I didn't get one because of a zipper on the inside where it seems it could scratch the ipad, but with a Smart Cover I don't think it would hurt anything. Check out the Thule Gauntlet, it seems really nice and very protective. I wanted the same thing as you. I got a softer case, but it works, it's an insignia from Best Buy.

3. matthew2926 thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw the Gauntlet but it was still too flimsy. Anyways, I decided to just make my own case out of cardboard. It isn't pretty but I did 2 ply cardboard on all sides so it is pretty solid. Made from an old Amazon box and some duct tape. Plus I stuck one of the Apple logo stickers on it that came with my Air 2 so it looks legit ;)