Resolved iPad Air 2 heat

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I used to have ipad 3 and 4. beside being heavy, they both ran hot, and it was very uncomfortable to hold on your laps.

I noticed that my new ipad air 2 is cool to touch. anyone experience this? or is it just because of the winter cold weather. I set my house heat to 72 degree.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I used to have ipad 3 and 4. beside being heavy, they both ran hot, and it was very uncomfortable to hold on your laps.

I noticed that my new ipad air 2 is cool to touch. anyone experience this? or is it just because of the winter cold weather. I set my house heat to 72 degree.
Never had any heat issue on any iPad.....

Shinigami301

Suspended
Jun 5, 2010
cogito, ergo zoom.
You're seriously worried that it doesn't run hot? Yes the 3 ran hot under heavy load, but I have yet to have the Air 2 do so. Mind you it has about 2/3rds the battery of the 3. That had a monster battery.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
You're seriously worried that it doesn't run hot? Yes the 3 ran hot under heavy load, but I have yet to have the Air 2 do so. Mind you it has about 2/3rds the battery of the 3. That had a monster battery.
running cool is what surprised me. I don't like ipad 3/4 because of the heat.

ipad air 2 runs cool that is comparable to ipad 2. ipad 3/4 has bigger battery, yet both maintain the same 10 hours. This mean alot of energy is lost and become heat. A5x/A6 in ipad 3/4 is not as efficient as ipad air 2 then.

Shmanky

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Toronto
running cool is what surprised me. I don't like ipad 3/4 because of the heat.

ipad air 2 runs cool that is comparable to ipad 2. ipad 3/4 has bigger battery, yet both maintain the same 10 hours. This mean alot of energy is lost and become heat. A5x/A6 in ipad 3/4 is not as efficient as ipad air 2 then.
How are you liking your iPad Air 2, NormanFox? Still running cool like the iPad 2 or does it run hot like the iPad 3/4? I have the same concerns with the iPad line.

And if your answer is that the iPad Air 2 runs cool, is there a difference between using it while being charged and not being charged?

klo6

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
Ohio
I totally agree with the OP! My 4 used to run really hot, especially if it was plugged in while using it. My Air 2 always runs cool, never even warm, even if it is plugged in and the screen is on full brightness. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.