Resolved iPad Air 2 heat

Discussion in 'iPad' started by normanfox, Dec 13, 2014.

1. normanfox macrumors 6502a

I used to have ipad 3 and 4. beside being heavy, they both ran hot, and it was very uncomfortable to hold on your laps.

I noticed that my new ipad air 2 is cool to touch. anyone experience this? or is it just because of the winter cold weather. I set my house heat to 72 degree.

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Never had any heat issue on any iPad.....

3. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

The iPad 3 and 4 are indeed warm to the touch while running

4. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

You're seriously worried that it doesn't run hot? Yes the 3 ran hot under heavy load, but I have yet to have the Air 2 do so. Mind you it has about 2/3rds the battery of the 3. That had a monster battery.

5. normanfox thread starter macrumors 6502a

running cool is what surprised me. I don't like ipad 3/4 because of the heat.

ipad air 2 runs cool that is comparable to ipad 2. ipad 3/4 has bigger battery, yet both maintain the same 10 hours. This mean alot of energy is lost and become heat. A5x/A6 in ipad 3/4 is not as efficient as ipad air 2 then.

6. Shmanky macrumors regular

How are you liking your iPad Air 2, NormanFox? Still running cool like the iPad 2 or does it run hot like the iPad 3/4? I have the same concerns with the iPad line.

And if your answer is that the iPad Air 2 runs cool, is there a difference between using it while being charged and not being charged?

7. klo6 macrumors member

klo6

I totally agree with the OP! My 4 used to run really hot, especially if it was plugged in while using it. My Air 2 always runs cool, never even warm, even if it is plugged in and the screen is on full brightness. :D