All iPads Ipad Air 2 in October vs Ipad Pro in 2015

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vmflapem, Sep 22, 2014.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Which one would you choose?

I'd personally go with the pro in 2015, but it's really hard to wait.

2. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

Likewise, I'm stuck with my iPad 3 right now. I'm kinda hoping those 12" macbook air rumors are actually the ipad pro to be announced next month.

I think if the ipad refresh next month comes with 2gb of ram I'll upgrade, otherwise I'll wait.

3. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

It's a large iPad and looks like this:

[​IMG]

5. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea ipad pro looks kinda good. but I hope they'd make it a bit larger..

6. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

I'm in the same predicament not quite sure what to do. If the iPad Pro is due for release in early 2015, that could mean 2nd Quarter, that might be just to long to wait, BUT if the iPad Air 2 doesn't come with 2G of ram I might just have to wait.

7. chupachup macrumors 6502

What makes you think the iPad pro will have more ram ?

Anyway. It is a mythical device that will never exist.

8. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Air 2. I would hope if the pro comes out next year Apple cut the price of the smaller iPads. If I want something that big, I'll get a MBA or rMBP. I understand where the Pro would be useful, but since I seem to use iPads purely for pleasure, I can't see spending that kind of money on one.

Ironic as my binge/purge with these things made me not much of a fan but now I realize I was wrong about that. :rolleyes:

9. mfr1340 macrumors regular

12.9" Pro

I will wait for the 12.9" Pro so I can get the Zagg Rugged Folio (when it comes out) so I can have a laptop and tablet, and It will also work great for watching movies.

10. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

I know this is just a fantasy, but I wish they could make the ipad pro like the surface pro 3, with the OS 10 installed. Then that would definitely replace all my devices :) Apple needs a touchscreen laptop!

11. thisdj78 macrumors 6502

Think so? I could see a market for it, especially if it's geared towards the educational/government sector.

12. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

another factor would for me would be price. If it starts at let's say 699 or up, which is closer to an MBA, than I would rather go for the iPad Air 2.

13. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

You almost got that right! Except apple won't give you that much icon options in the dock. You will get a full screen of icons but won't even be spaced that close either. Apple is apple, they waste a ton of good real estate with the very stupid iOS iPhone layout on an iPad. Very stupid.

14. drea97 macrumors member

The next ipad should come with 12.5 inch screen with keyboard and stylus pen.

:apple: