Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

All iPads Ipad Air 2 in October vs Ipad Pro in 2015

vmflapem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Which one would you choose?

I'd personally go with the pro in 2015, but it's really hard to wait.

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
Likewise, I'm stuck with my iPad 3 right now. I'm kinda hoping those 12" macbook air rumors are actually the ipad pro to be announced next month.

I think if the ipad refresh next month comes with 2gb of ram I'll upgrade, otherwise I'll wait.

Comment

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
what the heck is ipad pro

It's a large iPad and looks like this:

Comment

iPadDad

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2014
I'm in the same predicament not quite sure what to do. If the iPad Pro is due for release in early 2015, that could mean 2nd Quarter, that might be just to long to wait, BUT if the iPad Air 2 doesn't come with 2G of ram I might just have to wait.

Comment

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
I'm in the same predicament not quite sure what to do. If the iPad Pro is due for release in early 2015, that could mean 2nd Quarter, that might be just to long to wait, BUT if the iPad Air 2 doesn't come with 2G of ram I might just have to wait.

What makes you think the iPad pro will have more ram ?

Anyway. It is a mythical device that will never exist.

Comment

kazmac

macrumors G3
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....

Air 2. I would hope if the pro comes out next year Apple cut the price of the smaller iPads. If I want something that big, I'll get a MBA or rMBP. I understand where the Pro would be useful, but since I seem to use iPads purely for pleasure, I can't see spending that kind of money on one.

Ironic as my binge/purge with these things made me not much of a fan but now I realize I was wrong about that. :rolleyes:

Comment

mfr1340

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
n. cal
12.9" Pro

What makes you think the iPad pro will have more ram ?

Anyway. It is a mythical device that will never exist.

I will wait for the 12.9" Pro so I can get the Zagg Rugged Folio (when it comes out) so I can have a laptop and tablet, and It will also work great for watching movies.

Comment

vmflapem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
I know this is just a fantasy, but I wish they could make the ipad pro like the surface pro 3, with the OS 10 installed. Then that would definitely replace all my devices :) Apple needs a touchscreen laptop!

Comment

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
another factor would for me would be price. If it starts at let's say 699 or up, which is closer to an MBA, than I would rather go for the iPad Air 2.

Comment

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
It's a large iPad and looks like this:

You almost got that right! Except apple won't give you that much icon options in the dock. You will get a full screen of icons but won't even be spaced that close either. Apple is apple, they waste a ton of good real estate with the very stupid iOS iPhone layout on an iPad. Very stupid.

Comment

drea97

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
The next ipad should come with 12.5 inch screen with keyboard and stylus pen.

:apple:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.