iPad Air 2 keyboard case for use on sofa, lap and in 'tablet mode'

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cattywampus_, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

Hi there,

I appreciate that there a lot of 'which do I get' threads for accessories, but I couldn't find one that would answer my questions.

Essentially I would like to buy a keyboard for my iPad Air 2 to free up screen space when typing. I have watched a lot of reviews on Youtube for various cases and am still at a loss.

I use my iPad mainly on my lap while sat on the sofa or in bed. While keyboards such as the Brydge are nice, they expensive and, more importantly, they do not really allow an easy move into a tablet mode.

What the Brydge does do though is provide a good sturdy way of using the iPad on the lap without fear it falling all over the place.

There are some cases that I have been looking at that allow the iPad to drop flat for use as a tablet, but I am unsure as to how steady they would be when placed on an uneven and soft surface such as a cushion or lap.

The Logitech cases in particular have caught my attention:

Logitech Type+ Carbon Black Textured Protective Case with Integrated Keyboard for iPad Air 2 - QWERTY, UK Layout

Logitech Canvas Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2 - Black UK Layout …

Does anyone have any advice and experience that they could share?

Thank you.

2. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

I’m actually using the Canvas Keyboard cover that you referenced in your post. I find it very sturdy however I must let you know that there is only one view angle when typing on it. Otherwise, a very nice keyboard cover for my Air 2.