iPad Air 2 keyboard case with Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by scouser75, Mar 10, 2016.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I need some advice please on a keyboard for my iPad Air 2 which is compatible with the Smart Cover.

Is there a case or keyboard that connect with the Smart Cover?

I've looked at the Belkin pro but this one would mean having to leave the iPad in the belkins cover or risk scratching up the iPad she taking it in and out of its cover!

The Brydge is good but it has no iPad protection so again risks of scratching.

And ClamCase - again you'd have to use the clamcase's cover and again risk scratching the case when putting it in and out of the cover.

Any suggestions guys?

2. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I'm not sure I understand the question.

I have the belkin qode pro and the case that it comes with is compatible with smart covers without having to remove the case.

3. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi mate, thanks for your reply.

And my apologies. I must mustn't have been thinking right when I posted originally. What I meant to say was, I have a Boxwave Clear Case which covers the rear of my Air 2. Would it be possible to keep this cover on and place it into the Belkin Pro?

This is the Boxwave cover I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/BoxWave-Apple-iPad-Smart-Cover-clear/dp/B00OPJ8USQ

I want to keep the Boxwave on as I don't want the rear of the iPad to get scratched overtime I put the iPad in and take out of the Belkin case.

Thanks

4. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I'm pretty confident that

1. The boxwave clear case will not fit underneath the belkin qode pro's case

2. The Belkin qode pro case can be used 100% of the time and serve the same function as the boxwave clear case. Not only that the belkin' case is also designed to project audio toward you instead of downward and away like the iPad is originally designed to do.

I'm referencing the belkin qode pro not the other belkin qode.

5. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks eyeseeyou. The thing I like about the Boxwave is that a) it's not bulky. b) it shows off the looks of the iPad.

I think I may just go for a standalone keyboard which can work with the box wave. Any suggestions? Ideally it should be able to be used on the lap.

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I have the Anker Bluetooth keyboard for the iPad Air 2. This will work with the BoxWave back cover. It's a pretty decent keyboard... not great, but it works well. It uses a unique pop-up support mechanism to keep the iPad at the right angle.

I currently use clear con-Tact paper on the back of my Air 2 to protect it from scratches and to improve grip. It's cheap enough, looks good, and works, and is thin enough to still be usable with even the most snug-fitting of cases.

7. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks sracer. I hadn't heard of this case. I'll check it out.