iPad iPad Air 2 launch at Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dannyyankou, Oct 16, 2014.

1. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Hey guys.

Like many people, I'm excited to get the new iPad when it's released next Friday. I traded in my old iPad a couple days ago, but got a gift card that can only be used in Best Buy's stores.

So what are people's experiences with iPad launches at Best Buy? Do they usually have a good stock? How early should I go there? Are the lines long? Do they do online pre-orders? Please share your past experiences.

2. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

If I recall correctly from last year, they had decent stock of all wifi iPads. But every time I was there, I was asking for Verizon and they didn't seem to have any LTE models for awhile.

Good luck!

3. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure all retailers will be stacked with the new iPads, whatever it's called, and will probably be discounted shortly, like the Target $100 gift card last black Friday. iPad shortage is a thing of the past I think. Notice the low viewing activities on the iPad forum, even on new iPad launch day? It's even lower than Desktops lol.

4. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 603

dannyyankou

It also outsold the Mac 3x last quarter...

I agree it's not the same as it was a couple years ago, but I still find uses for it.

5. BigMacAttack1 macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

Will BB offer a preorder for the iA2, a la Apple?

6. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 603

dannyyankou

That's what I'm wondering as well. They haven't even tweeted anything iPad Air 2 related.

7. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502

Yeah I was wondering the same thing..I am planning on getting the WiFi version of the iPad Air 2..I want to trade in my old iPad 4 64gb WiFi in order to get it..I also have a movers coupon so I figure, I can order the iPad Air 2 online, then pick it up in store and do the trade in and get the credit..not sure how it works

8. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I've never had a problem with purchasing an iPad, with the exact configuration I desired, from Best Buy. Like a previous poster said, iPad shortages are a thing of the past.

The demand on launch day has dwindled since the iPad 2 craziness.

9. AppleRobert macrumors 603

10 people on line at my local BB for last year's launch of the Air, that was all. I was third in line 15 minutes before the store opened.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

My only experience with iPad launch and Best Buy was on the first one. Needless to say, that was a long time ago.

Just like someone else mentioned, even on announcement day this sub section is slow and little views (relatively speaking).