iPad Ipad Air 2 + Lightning SD card reader

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jtludwig, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

Is anyone else having problems with the lightning SD card reader on their Jailbroken IPad Air 2 with IOS 8.1?

When I plug it into the ipad I receive the below message about the device not being supported. If I then manually close the photos app by flicking the icon up from the bottom of the screen and then reopen it I am able to import the photos with no problems. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Is the error message from one of your jailbreak tweaks? It doesn't look like iOS error messages.

3. Jtludwig thread starter macrumors 6502

Ipad Air 2 + Lightning SD card reader

Nope. I haven't installed any tweaks. The message is similar to what you would get if you plugged in an unsupported device.

4. najib0 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have the same issue on the "iPad Air 2" although the sd cards worked normally on the jailbroken "iPad 4".

Help!

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

What size SD card are you using? I do not think the SD reader does very large capacity cards unless they fixed it.

6. najib0 macrumors newbie

The SD reader does read large capacity. I had iPad 4 "32GB" and I used 2 Sd cards (32GB and 64GB). Now with iPad air 2 none of these cards work. Bad :apple:

7. Essa86 macrumors member

my iPad Air2 is not jailbroken and I have the same issue.

8. urkel macrumors 68030

Lightning SD Card reader is very close to being a scam. I own dozens of SD cards of multiple brands and capacities. NONE of them work. Its a shame because with the iPad lacking an SD slot then this should've been a great solution for photo transfer but it just never worked well and Apple doesnt seem to care.

I've given up and just went with the Transcend WiFi card. Its a whole lot of hoop jumping just to get a photo off my DSLR onto my iPad but its better than nothing. (But not better than a product that worked as advertised)