Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Some Apple users seem so extremely obsessed with the "looks" of their hardware. I buy mine to use and enjoy and it's nice that it has a handsome design but to post for no other reason to comment on it's looks is just bizarre.

While nothing new, it's well known that these same people get their identify and security and image from the things they're "seen with" and showing off is a big part of it, for rest of us actually using the product is what counts.

How vain and shallow can people be?

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I thought I was going to sell back my iPad Air 2 but nope! It's too big for train use. It really is a computer replacement.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I thought I was going to sell back my iPad Air 2 but nope! It's too big for train use. It really is a computer replacement.
This is exactly my thinking. Different screens serve different purposes and the Air 2 is the perfect size for train use and quickly throwing it in a bag. The Pro is great and I will use when I don't need a full laptop. The Pro still won't replace my MacBook Air until because of tasks like processing radiology exams or dealing with large spreadsheets. Excel on a tablet is not fun.

Reactions: AdonisSMU

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
This is exactly my thinking. Different screens serve different purposes and the Air 2 is the perfect size for train use and quickly throwing it in a bag. The Pro is great and I will use when I don't need a full laptop. The Pro still won't replace my MacBook Air until because of tasks like processing radiology exams or dealing with large spreadsheets. Excel on a tablet is not fun.
Excel on a tablet is torture.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
How do you feel about your old iPads?

It made me realize that I love the size of the traditional iPad. Of course, it all depends how you use an iPad. For me it's browsing the web on the couch and in bed. iPad Pro is incredible in its own way. After I get my pencil and play around with it for a few days it's going back to the store.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
It made me realize that I love the size of the traditional iPad. Of course, it all depends how you use an iPad. For me it's browsing the web on the couch and in bed. iPad Pro is incredible in its own way. After I get my pencil and play around with it for a few days it's going back to the store.
I am starting to think the same. This is really no a Pro device in my opinion or maybe just for specific industries. To me is more of an iPad Plus then and iPad Pro. But for artists I can see the Pro being an ideal device. I wish it had OSX in addition to iOS and a keyboard with a trackpad so we could really use it as a laptop replacement and I think that day will come. I love the screen and speakers but just can't do enough of my actual workflow to justify keeping it I think. I think most people will end up using this for consumption just like other iPads and not for productivity except for a small segment. The large screen is awesome though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.