iPad iPad Air 2 - Louder volume output via headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPad' started by daio, Oct 28, 2014.

1. daio macrumors regular

daio

I have not seen anyone mention this but I do believe that the iPad Air 2 has a louder volume output via the headphone socket.

I don't have numbers but I notice that not only are my headphones not usable when full volume is selected, the output via my DJ cable to the amplifier at the bar where I DJ does not have to be as high as it was compared with my iPad 4th Generation.

Same library, same DJ software, restored settings from iCloud but considerably louder volume.

Previous settings for the bar with iPad 4th generation were:

iPad on full volume, volume check turned off, amplifier in the bar also on full volume.

Settings for the bar with iPad Air 2:
    iPad on three quarters full volume, volume check turned off, amplifier in the bar almost on full volume, but not quite.

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I was listening to some music last night with some decent headphones (B&W P7s) and I would say that not only does the headphone output have plenty of oomph, it's also the nicest sounding iDevice I've owned since an early iPod classic some years ago.

3. daio thread starter macrumors regular

daio

Exactly, and nobody seems to be talking about it. Way louder than all other iPads to date and great quality. It's not even advertised by Apple

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I haven't done serious music listening yet with some impressive pairs of earphones I have so I'll have to try it. Only some youtube videos and netflix movies so far.

What source is your music coming from that you give it such a high rating of sound quality?

5. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p