iPad Air 2 - missing apps after reset

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iPadAir2, Oct 31, 2014.

1. iPadAir2 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Just got my new iPad Air 2 a few days ago, a bunch of great apps on it. I signed in with an older Apple ID, and then decided to redo the iPad Air 2 with a new ( different ) Apple ID.

So, I reset the iPad Air 2, did a total reset, but upon it coming back, everything was there, except all those nice apps which are:
    Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, and GarageBand

You can see these listed on Apple's page here:
    https://www.apple.com/ipad-air-2/apps/

Thinking I did something wrong, I decided to reset the iPad Air 2 once again,
    but after it came back, those apps were missing once again.

I'm totally puzzled. I did a Google for some time, and there's nothing coming up in any links of others experiencing this problem.

Very strange indeed.

I tried for fun to download iMovie for fun, and it wants me to pay for it, so I stopped the process.

Any clues what to do ? .... argh :-(

thanks in advance for any help. It's much appreciated !

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

They are not included in the actual firmware, they are just 'ready downloaded' from the factory, but were deletetable unlike the normal inbuilt apps.

You have to redownload them from the app store if done a full device reset, and they should be being listed as free apps/the free apple apps page should be showing first time visit app store.

If page not appearing try visiting app store a few more times, if nothing, then try contacting apple I guess. They should be coming up free as stated.