iPad iPad air 2 no retina hd display right?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by auzzuro, Oct 16, 2014.

1. auzzuro macrumors regular

It has a improved retina display so does that mean no retina hd display? Am i right to say that?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

No, it does have a Retina HD display because it is Retina and it is well over HD. Unless you strictly buy into the marketing hype.

3. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

It lacks the dual domain pixels and some of that other specialized stuff on the new iPhones. But the display on the iPad Air is already amazing. And with it bonded to the glass now (removing that annoying gap) it should have a similar effect of "popping out".

4. addictzz macrumors 6502

What does Retina HD means anyway? Kindly enlighten me.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

It isn't cut and dry.

iPhone 4 and 5/5S had retina non HD because they were 326ppi but not HD (1280x720). The Macs got retina and were well over HD, still called retina though. The iPhones finally went over HD so they are now Retina HD. I read there is some other technology built into the iPhone displays too like dual domain pixels. Now the iMac 27" has retina 5K. So it is somewhat convoluted.

6. addictzz macrumors 6502

This is pretty confusing. As far as I know, 720p resolution like 1280x720 is already considered a 720p HD and is categorized as HD.

All these naming gimmick starts to confuse rather than sell...

7. auzzuro thread starter macrumors regular

I believe next year we might see retina hd display on ipad ... Iphone 5s had touch id than the following year which is this year ipad has touch id . Currently iphone 6 has retina hd display so maybe next year ipad might have retina hd display

8. addictzz macrumors 6502

That's the keyword.

iPad will always be a step behind iPhone in getting new technological features. But it will have better performance than iPhone at lower price (and discounted phone functionality).