Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I have an iPad Air 2 Wifi, along with a Time Capsule ( newest version ) I have split the 5ghz and 2.4ghz signal. My iPhone and Macbook Retina can see the 5ghz, yet my iPad cannot?

Any ideas?

drea97

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2013
I have an iPad Air 2 Wifi, along with a Time Capsule ( newest version ) I have split the 5ghz and 2.4ghz signal. My iPhone and Macbook Retina can see the 5ghz, yet my iPad cannot?

Any ideas?

What kind of wifi router do you have?

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Kinda same thing here. Actually, how can i Know my iPad is using 5ghz. I have a new router, it's a Zyxel EMG2926-Q10A Dual-Band Wireless AC/N Gigabit Ethernet Gateway rented by my ISP. Right now, there are two SSID. One for 2.4 and one for 5ghz. A small utility program called SpeedSmart gives the same numbers (34-35 mbps) on either SSID I connect the iPad to. By the way, how do you reset Internet settings on an iPad and on a router as said above? Maybe someone can guide me through the process of obtaining light speed mbps. Thanks a lot.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
There are two ssid, one for 2,4 and one for 5.. When you know the name for 5, you can check from the settings if the name of the wifi connection is the same as routers 5ghz band. If not then forget it and setup the right one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.