iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro (wait or not?)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by devinh, Oct 3, 2015.

1. devinh macrumors member

devinh

I am quite impatient and cannot decide if I get the iPad Air 2 now or just wait for the iPad Pro? Any suggestions for a guy who checks email, surfs the web, does the occasional MS Office document, etc? Thanks all.

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

its all down to personal preference.

if all you do is the above then the Air will be fine. The ipp is basically a faster huge regular ipad. if you can afford more and want a bigger experience then go pro

3. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Surely you can wait it out another month or so. If you couldn't, you'd already have the Air 2. Patience young grasshopper.

4. case2001 macrumors 6502

I have the Air 2. I love the iPad Air Pro. But I think it's too big for me. It is going to be almost as large as my MacBook Air 13. I would wait to see if it's too large for you. I will need to see it in person to make that decision.

5. devinh thread starter macrumors member

devinh

Agree with everyone, probably should wait to see the iPad Pro in person. Not a fan of MS requiring a 365 subscription for use of Office on the Pro though. I am also thinking by the time you spend $$ on iPad Pro, keyboard/case and the Pencil, I might as well get the latest MB. Such a dilemma.

6. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I'd make it dependent on the form factor. Wait for the Pro, see if the size works for you. I had tried some 13" tablets in the past, and they all struck me as impractically large, even though I thought they'd work for me. But this is very subjective, really.

For the Air 2, you'd want a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard, which is around a hundred bucks, but far superior to anything else I tried.

I feel it is also worth considering that the Pro will be a first gen device.

7. mdridwan47 macrumors 6502

mdridwan47

I'm waiting for iPad Air 3 with 3D Touch :D