iPad iPad Air 2 or Used iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dpnguye2, Oct 22, 2014.

1. dpnguye2 macrumors newbie

So I am trying to make a decision on whether to buy an iPad Air 2 or a used iPad Air.

These would be the cost differences:

64 GB iPad Air 2 - Wifi and Cellular - 770.15 (including tax)
    128 GB iPad Air (used, "Excellent" Condition) - Wifi and Cellular - 546.50

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Honestly if 2gb of ram and 3 core cpu is important then I'll say get the Ipad air 2. Personally if don't mind the latest specs I would with the Ipad air 128gb

3. dpnguye2 thread starter macrumors newbie

What I am mostly concerned with is that most of the reviews being posted say that the iPad Air 2 is pretty underwhelming.

However, I think that may be because the hardware is ahead of the software right now. So once developers take advantage of the new power with amazing games blah blah I don't want to have an iPad that can barely keep up. Is this a valid concern?

4. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I would also recommend the Air 2, but I wouldn't go used as Apple and other retailers will have refurbished devices WITH a warranty for about the same price.

5. tx2005 macrumors member

I think the Air 2 will have better longevity, especially with the 2 gb of memory. Well worth it in my opinion, and if price is an issue just look for refurbs that will pop up around.

6. acastic macrumors regular

Agreed. The Air 2 will definitely last longer as developers start taking advantage of the extra RAM. Plus it doesn't hurt to have an extra processor core :)

But really, what mind blowing feature are we expecting out of a maturing product category? It can only get so thin unless battery technology makes huge advances. It'll keep getting faster. Maybe we'll see something neat if the rumored 12" iPad ever gets released.

7. tx2005 macrumors member

That's my take too. Hardware wise, I think both tablets and smartphones have matured to the point where you see regular hardware spec updates and maybe a cool new feature or two like TouchID.

That means that innovation is really going to have to come on the software side.

8. RAPTORSKI macrumors regular

RAPTORSKI

Do you care about Touch ID and a thinner iPad? It's up to you.